five ten shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: five ten shoes

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

five ten shoes

i need new shoes bad, i am seriously considering five tens even though there out of my budget for shoes right now. however sense they are so damn expensive i want to try them on first. does anyone know of a place that sells them in phx, preferably east valley.

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by 88mustanggt
    i need new shoes bad, i am seriously considering five tens even though there out of my budget for shoes right now. however sense they are so damn expensive i want to try them on first. does anyone know of a place that sells them in phx, preferably east valley.
    cactus bike has a good selection, freeriders, karvers, impacts, sams hills, pretty much all of them that are out! PS THEY ARE WELL worth the extra bucks!
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Pivotal figure
    Rage also has 'em if that's any closer. Keep an eye on Chainlove as well, they have closeouts on there periodically...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Rage also has 'em if that's any closer. Keep an eye on Chainlove as well, they have closeouts on there periodically...
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    cactus bike has a good selection, freeriders, karvers, impacts, Kenny B's, pretty much all of them that are out! PS THEY ARE WELL worth the extra bucks!
    Fix'd it,,,,,they also have the "Kenny's"
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Pivotal figure
    Oh man, nobody will want to buy THOSE
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Shred...it's the new drug
    Get em! I've had mine for over 4 months and still going strong. A little rip from tagging rocks at high speed but real solid build. I'd buy them just to hang out in. I would have gone through 3 pairs of vans the way I've been beating the crap out of them and the vans don't grip as well or hike a bike as well either. So if you think about it...vans at $40 a pop times 3 = $120 vs one pair of 5.10's $100+ lots of life and shreddage left = no brainer.

mtbr member
    I used to ride skate shoes and they don't last long at all, 4-6 months and they were trashed by the end. Plus, it was almost impossible to find a shoe with at good tread that I liked. Got some 5.10 impacts a year ago, and they are still going strong and they really do grip so much better than the skate shoes on the pedals and during the HAB's like Bob said.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    well im gona go to cactus today and check em out!! the fact that they "last longer" helped me convense the boss that its worth the extra money.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    5.10's, love em. Sweet for riding and just hanging out in the forest and climbing around on rocks. I will never ride clipless again.

Members who have read this thread: 0