Five Ten Freeriders: $57 @ 6PM- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Five Ten Freeriders: $57 @ 6PM

No connection to 6 PM, but thought I would put out notice about this deal. Limited sizes and it's last year's grey/black model, (11 and 12, I belive) but if they fit, it's a smokin' deal. I wear size 11, which they have had at this price twice now--so I have two pair.

Freeriders on sale
    Last edited by Porschefan; 08-29-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    No connection to this site, but thought I would pass on this deal. Limited sizes and it's last year's grey/black model, but if they fit, it's a smokin' deal. I wear size 11, which they have had at this price twice now--so I have two pair.
    I've been thinking about getting these, and his is a good deal. The Impacts are too wide for me (long narrow feet); do you think they are as wide as the Impact? More narrow? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan1 View Post
    I've been thinking about getting these, and his is a good deal. The Impacts are too wide for me (long narrow feet); do you think they are as wide as the Impact? More narrow? Thanks!
    I've only had Freeriders, so I can't comment except to say they seem pretty "regular" to me in width. I would not say they are narrow, that's for sure.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks!

bikeboatbrewski
    Thanks, trigger pulled.

Just Ride !
    I've read that five tens stick to platform pedals like glue, are they really good as advertised?
    Hit the trails with your bike and get freaky. :cornut:

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    I've only had Freeriders, so I can't comment except to say they seem pretty "regular" to me in width. I would not say they are narrow, that's for sure.
    Well, we're going to find out. Ordered them yesterday. I would much rather have a shoe that fits perfectly, but nothing else out there compares to 5.10 grip wise so they'll have to work, fit wise...hopefully they will be a little more narrow than the Impacts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S View Post
    I've read that five tens stick to platform pedals like glue, are they really good as advertised?
    If you have good pedals.

It is one of the rare places in bikes/components/gear/etc that a lot of riders agree.

I rode the 5.10 Impacts for a while, even though they didn't fit me at all, just because they work so well on the pedal.

bikeboatbrewski
    I ride flats and the 5.10 rubber will sometimes hookup so well I have to fiddle to get my feet into proper position.

Even though my older FR shoes are still good I ordered another set to have when they wear out. Best price I have seen, I paid $75 for my others and thought that was a good deal.

bikeboatbrewski
    The shoes showed up today, fast shipping. Positive buying experience with 6pm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybinwv View Post
    The shoes showed up today, fast shipping. Positive buying experience with 6pm.
    I *think* that 6 PM is owned by Zappos and functions as their "outlet" store. Zappos has free return shipping, whereas you have to pay return shipping with 6PM. But 6PM has occasional great deals

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Oh snap, they're sold out now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan1 View Post
    Well, we're going to find out. Ordered them yesterday. I would much rather have a shoe that fits perfectly, but nothing else out there compares to 5.10 grip wise so they'll have to work, fit wise...hopefully they will be a little more narrow than the Impacts.

Thumbs up on the Freeriders! Not nearly as wide, clunky, or bulky as the Impacts. Highly reccomend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    keep an eye on that site, i ordered my wife a pair from them last winter at that price. They get them back in stock here and there i believe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    keep an eye on that site, i ordered my wife a pair from them last winter at that price. They get them back in stock here and there i believe.
    True....I've bought twice at this price. But sizes were limited both times. I lucked out because they had 11's both times.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    10.5s now at 6pm

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    They are also available in endless.com!!!