• 08-28-2011
    Porschefan
    Five Ten Freeriders: $57 @ 6PM
    No connection to 6 PM, but thought I would put out notice about this deal. Limited sizes and it's last year's grey/black model, (11 and 12, I belive) but if they fit, it's a smokin' deal. I wear size 11, which they have had at this price twice now--so I have two pair.

    Freeriders on sale
  • 08-29-2011
    MtnMan1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    No connection to this site, but thought I would pass on this deal. Limited sizes and it's last year's grey/black model, but if they fit, it's a smokin' deal. I wear size 11, which they have had at this price twice now--so I have two pair.

    I've been thinking about getting these, and his is a good deal. The Impacts are too wide for me (long narrow feet); do you think they are as wide as the Impact? More narrow? Thanks!
  • 08-29-2011
    Porschefan
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtnMan1 View Post
    I've been thinking about getting these, and his is a good deal. The Impacts are too wide for me (long narrow feet); do you think they are as wide as the Impact? More narrow? Thanks!

    I've only had Freeriders, so I can't comment except to say they seem pretty "regular" to me in width. I would not say they are narrow, that's for sure.
  • 08-30-2011
    MtnMan1
    Thanks!
  • 08-30-2011
    scottybinwv
    Thanks, trigger pulled. :thumbsup:
  • 08-30-2011
    C.M.S
    I've read that five tens stick to platform pedals like glue, are they really good as advertised?
  • 08-31-2011
    MtnMan1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    I've only had Freeriders, so I can't comment except to say they seem pretty "regular" to me in width. I would not say they are narrow, that's for sure.

    Well, we're going to find out. Ordered them yesterday. I would much rather have a shoe that fits perfectly, but nothing else out there compares to 5.10 grip wise so they'll have to work, fit wise...hopefully they will be a little more narrow than the Impacts.
  • 08-31-2011
    MtnMan1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by C.M.S View Post
    I've read that five tens stick to platform pedals like glue, are they really good as advertised?

    If you have good pedals.

    It is one of the rare places in bikes/components/gear/etc that a lot of riders agree.

    I rode the 5.10 Impacts for a while, even though they didn't fit me at all, just because they work so well on the pedal.
  • 08-31-2011
    scottybinwv
    I ride flats and the 5.10 rubber will sometimes hookup so well I have to fiddle to get my feet into proper position.

    Even though my older FR shoes are still good I ordered another set to have when they wear out. Best price I have seen, I paid $75 for my others and thought that was a good deal.
  • 09-01-2011
    scottybinwv
    The shoes showed up today, fast shipping. Positive buying experience with 6pm. :thumbsup:
  • 09-01-2011
    Porschefan
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by scottybinwv View Post
    The shoes showed up today, fast shipping. Positive buying experience with 6pm. :thumbsup:

    I *think* that 6 PM is owned by Zappos and functions as their "outlet" store. Zappos has free return shipping, whereas you have to pay return shipping with 6PM. But 6PM has occasional great deals ;)
  • 09-01-2011
    chemical_brother
    Oh snap, they're sold out now. :(
  • 09-03-2011
    MtnMan1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtnMan1 View Post
    Well, we're going to find out. Ordered them yesterday. I would much rather have a shoe that fits perfectly, but nothing else out there compares to 5.10 grip wise so they'll have to work, fit wise...hopefully they will be a little more narrow than the Impacts.


    Thumbs up on the Freeriders! Not nearly as wide, clunky, or bulky as the Impacts. Highly reccomend.
  • 09-03-2011
    meSSican
    keep an eye on that site, i ordered my wife a pair from them last winter at that price. They get them back in stock here and there i believe.
  • 09-03-2011
    Porschefan
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    keep an eye on that site, i ordered my wife a pair from them last winter at that price. They get them back in stock here and there i believe.

    True....I've bought twice at this price. But sizes were limited both times. I lucked out because they had 11's both times.
  • 09-08-2011
    dogwater
    10.5s now at 6pm
  • 09-08-2011
    ronyc
    They are also available in endless.com!!!