Five-ten Freerider Shoes- Mtbr.com
    Rubberneck Goose

Five-ten Freerider Shoes

Hey everybody. Five ten is one of the best, core bike shoe companies out there. I am fortunate enough to live close to a five-ten outlet (Redlands, CA). I bought a pair of the Five-ten Freerider shoes, which were minimally used for $50.00. I wore them out for a session and realized I got a size to large. I took them back and received the right size, brand new pair, no extra charge!

Let me tell you, these shoes are amazing. I started riding in 93' on a chromolly Bridgestone MB4, Suntour components, sold my cage pedals to buy a pair of shimano M737s. I am a "clipless" pedal user from 15 years ago who transitioned over to speedplay drillium pedals and who then bought the five-tens. These shoes are amazing! I've experienced being locked in to the point of crash-releasing (old-school 737s) transitioned through modern clipless, and now wouldn't trade anything for my platforms/five-tens. You have the control of being locked into your pedals with the freedome of leg movement. Brilliant! (current bike: Knolly delirium-t).

Pivotal figure
    You'll find plenty of 5.10 fans on here (myself included). Makes you wonder how we ever made it without 'em...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Locs on Spokez
    Need...
    A..
    Pair...
    Sooooo
    Badddddddd

argggggg
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    here here!
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    My Freeriders started falling apart, although the shoes were nearly a year old 5.10 is replacing them with a new pair free under Warranty. Great company!

bike-zilla
    I love my 5.10's. I have been wearing (read beating the ever-living snot out of) a pair of Camp 4's for nearly two years. I just noticed that they are splitting at one of the seams, I am thinking of replacing them with the freerider, but I really like the Camp 4's as an all around outdoor shoe (biking,hiking, and even a bit of bouldering). I am sold on 5.10's for life!

Members who have read this thread: 0