Five Ten(5.10) shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Five Ten(5.10) shoes

Hi,

So I am looking to get a pair of 5.10's for their reputation for wideness(I have very wide feet), so specifically the Impact, Sam Hill, Impact High or Karver. I tried the Impact 2 High for the extra warmth from the high ankle but they are too big, and immediately rubbed my ankle at the top really bad.. Those are a size 10. 9.5 is probably my size, but I am questioning whether a 9.5 will completely remove the ankle rubbing issue. Maybe I should quit on the high top thing? The other high one is the karver, are those any different from the Impact High? Can anyone give any input on any of the other shoes mentioned too?

Thanks for reading !

PS. I like these shoes for their hike-a-bike capability and I will not ride spd(I so quickly discovered!).

mtbr member
    i just got the sam hill today im size 11.5 but i also have a somewhat wide feet so i when up to size 12 and they fit very well, i did a 20 mile ride today and they are pretty good they stick to the pedals very well you will notice the difference right away these are more stylish than the low impacts but basically the same shoe just more expensive, you might want to stay away from those highs they also rubbed my ankle so i when low

Members who have read this thread: 0