First impressions - combo DX bike light + MTE P7 helmet mounted- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

... and if we just ... First impressions - combo DX bike light + MTE P7 helmet mounted

I went for my first night ride with my new DX P7 bike light (sku 25149) & an MTE P7 (sku 12325) helmet mounted flashlight.

Wow, these things rock!!
    There is so much light, and the 2 together make such an awesome combination.
    The bike light produces a slightly floodier beam, while the flashlight's brighter center spot is just perfect for the helmet.

Easing my way into the DIY zone, my next plans will include modding the flashlight to accept an external battery for longer runtimes & less weight on the helmet.

I am very happy with my choice of the SSC & I think my DIY rigs will include the P7 emitter for now (probably in direct drive mode), it just seems a nice simple LED to work with. From my extensive lurking on this forum I get the impression that you are either a Cree man or an SSC man.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    That's great. I'm looking at a similar set up. I already have a flashlight from DX and would be very interested in the mods you make to yours to add an external battery.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    if you guys search for turboferret, he had made some resin based 18650 holders and a mod for an external battery pack that he sells.

Members who have read this thread: 0