Finaly got me a new helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Finaly got me a new helmet

Something difirend than all the TLD hype of the D3,i present to you my new helmet for the new season.Also a goggle to match the helmet.

In the size Small the helmet weight's 1285g and once it's on my head i don't eaven notice it's on.Extremly comfortable and im realy happy with it.Can't wait till the new season starts.

clyde in training
    that's pretty

mtbr member
    Those Oakleys look like they'd offer really good visibility.
    Build.
    Ride.
    Repeat.

Glad to Be Alive
    cool
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Locs on Spokez
    Nice Fanta

That will be perfect for your blazing 4X speeds
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    shoei helmets have always been the best moto helmets so I think you will be well protected for a few seasons!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The Motocross shop where i bought the helmet witch all ride Shoei vfx-w helmets said they are the ultimate full face helmets on the market,they are the cutting edge of helmet technology.For the Shoei quality you pay the jackpot with a real 5 star price tag.

mtbr member
    How does that 1285g stack up against the D3?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Like i said before the shoei is the cutting edge in helmet technology,using Ti visor screws on the TLD D3 may be great for all the blingness but not so good during front impacts on the visor.The visor screws need to snap off rather than snapping your'e neck.Shoei is using plastic screws instead of Ti,Steel or Alloy that's because it's allot saver/lighter.

The visor on the Shoei is very flexable and will not break that easy during front impacts,while other visors break.Shoei can fine tune the stiffness of the dual eps liner based on the size of the helmet,smaller sized helmets come equiped with a softer inner eps liner and larger sized helmets come with a stiffer inner eps linner.This is based on the impact energy's generated by the riders weigth(only technology that is used by Shoei)

The quick release cheeck pads system is allot better made on the Shoei than on the TLD D3.The TLD D3 is just very simple but both will do the same job and are a safety feature.TLD D3 is a carbon fiber helmet while the Shoei doesn't but it has the strongest shell of any helmet due to it's AIM+ shell construction witch uses layers of fiberglass with organic and special hyperforming organic materials for the best level of shell construction.

On the venting i would say the D3 has 20 vents vs 13 vents on the Shoei so both will keep your'e head cool during a hot day of riding but Shoei's 3D Max-Dry liner can absorb water 10x it's weight and disapating sweat 2x as fast as other liners.

TLD D3 cost arround here 500 euro vs 650 euro on the Shoei vfx-w graphic models,also the vfx-w is a'way better looking helmet than the D3.Shoei gives you a whopping 5 year warranty from purchase date and 7 year warranty from helmet manufacture date
    Last edited by Fantaman; 02-15-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Locs on Spokez
    A visor is made to break off, the little screw won't do anything... Snapping your neck from a visor? You're a moron. A lot lighter? That helmet is a tank. Flexible visor? NICE, I bet that's so much safer. Have you even tried on a D3? The pull tabs are brilliant. The D3 is actually designed for downhill riding, you bought a motocross helmet.

I can't believe you spent 650 euro on a helmet... that's freaking hilarious
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

Members who have read this thread: 0