Finally...Adidas Hematoma shoes...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott@GO-RIDE.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,334

    Finally...Adidas Hematoma shoes...

    Sorry for the spam, but about this time last year a lot of riders were looking for these shoes. Go-ride signed up as a dealer months ago and finally the shoes have arrived. If you are in need of the best clipless DH shoe, this is it. Here's a link if you are interested in getting a pair: Adidas Hematoma Shoes



    I managed to find a pair for myself, last year, and after a full season (about 100 DH days) I am still loving these shoes. They have a stiff sole for pedaling, but are coated in softer rubber for walking. The inside of the ankle has a great pad and the toe is made of bomb proof hockey skate material. The center of the sole has a long channel to make engaging your pedal easier. They use 3 heavy duty velcro straps and the cut is wider than most cycling shoes. Overall they are the best DH shoe I have ever seen, I even use mine for XC days.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

  2. #2
    Doesnt ride Banshees
    Reputation: Banshee Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,406
    Wow those things look nice, i think im startin to like the adidas stuff. The yodai goggles are so nice, someday ill own a pair I know if i rode clips DH those would defenitly be one of the shoes id consider. So they werent all that bad for XC? it sounds like theyd be kinda overkill for a full time XC shoe. They defenitly sound badass.

  3. #3
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,739
    Can you take a pic of the other side of the shoe, eg. ankle bone side?

    What do consider the best non-clipless shoe?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott@GO-RIDE.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Can you take a pic of the other side of the shoe, eg. ankle bone side?

    What do consider the best non-clipless shoe?
    I'll see if we can get a pic up some time.

    IMO the best non-clipless shoe have been the Intense 3/4 top sticky rubber shoe. They didn't fit so well, but the soles and protection were very good. To bad they aren't available any more.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

  5. #5
    There's no app for this.
    Reputation: JimC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,369

    Hey Scott

    I'm a wide foot (US 8.5 EEE) and these sound pretty good, howmucha costa? thanks Jim

    oh, and hope there's a guarantee I won't fall off my bike anymore?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I'm a wide foot (US 8.5 EEE) and these sound pretty good, howmucha costa? thanks Jim

    oh, and hope there's a guarantee I won't fall off my bike anymore?
    We try not to post prices on message boards, both for the sake of other users as well as our vendors. Give us a ring or check out our website for pricing on the kicks. I'm afraid the only guarantee with the shoes is that they look sharp?

    www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

  7. #7
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,768
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I'm a wide foot (US 8.5 EEE) and these sound pretty good, howmucha costa? thanks Jim

    oh, and hope there's a guarantee I won't fall off my bike anymore?
    i guess it's too hard to go look for a price on their website....










    they are $109


  8. #8
    There's no app for this.
    Reputation: JimC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,369

    New question here. Ya I get the idiot award

    I looked it up this a.m.
    they are $109 [/QUOTE]

    converted to CAD.$147.15
    plus shipping,
    plus border brokerage fee,
    plus customs handling fee plus 7% GST in Canada,
    plus Prov. Sales tax @ 7.5%

    It ain't easy living up here, but the riding's good. Jim

  9. #9
    Where's the chair lift?
    Reputation: IntenseRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    293

    Cool-blue Rhythm Hey [email protected], How is the sizing on the Hemma DH Shoes?

    Hey, Scott
    How is the sizing on the Hemmatoma? I use a sz.46 in Sidi or 11.5 in Nike, Vans. I want to get some of these Dh Shoes! They look schweet! Thanks, for the info!

    Ellsman1
    (Marzman1 from old forum)

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott@GO-RIDE.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsman1
    Hey, Scott
    How is the sizing on the Hemmatoma? I use a sz.46 in Sidi or 11.5 in Nike, Vans. I want to get some of these Dh Shoes! They look schweet! Thanks, for the info!

    Ellsman1
    (Marzman1 from old forum)
    I've found that the fit very standard. I you normally wear a 46/11.5 then that's what you would want from the Hematoma.

    PS: I lowered the price to $99 including shipping (ground in the US) for MTBR and Ridemonkey members.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

  11. #11

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    160
    Who needs a $100 shoe for mtb? I got me some beater nasazio vans (aprox 2 years old) spray painted black with duct tape around the middle (to keep it nice and tight fitting). It's doesn't look too bad, my friend could tell they were spray painted even.

    Oh, btw not dissing the shoe either. Those don't look too bad...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    12

    more about sizing

    My size is 10,5 in shimano and 10 in north wawe. What would i get to Hematoma?
    Thanks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    96
    Hey in reference to the best non-clipless shoe on the market, I totally agree with James that it was the Intense models. They were discontinued last season at the disappointment of many diehard flat pedal riders, but this year Five.Ten (the makers of some of the best climbing and paddling shoes) starting making their own model of the Intense branded shoe in a low-top and 3/4 top. They look so much alike that maybe Intense was having Five.Ten make the shoes all along??? I dunno. Anyway, here is the address to the website for the Five.Ten Impact shoe.

    http://www.fiveten.com/product/impacthi.htm

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by skitrev33
    Hey in reference to the best non-clipless shoe on the market, I totally agree with James that it was the Intense models. They were discontinued last season at the disappointment of many diehard flat pedal riders, but this year Five.Ten (the makers of some of the best climbing and paddling shoes) starting making their own model of the Intense branded shoe in a low-top and 3/4 top. They look so much alike that maybe Intense was having Five.Ten make the shoes all along??? I dunno. Anyway, here is the address to the website for the Five.Ten Impact shoe.

    http://www.fiveten.com/product/impacthi.htm
    I was surprised to see that James didn't know about the Intense/5.10 shoes availability - they are the best for flat pedals (sticky rubber really holds) - 5.10 (climbing shoe company) made the Intense Impact for a short time, and then they were discontinued - now, do to popular demand, 5.10 has brought the shoe back - they are nearly identical - and available in both a low and mid top.

    here is what they look like and a number you can call and order (a number of bike shops online have them as well)
    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news...leview&id=2316

  15. #15
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025

    FYI Scott...

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I'll see if we can get a pic up some time.

    IMO the best non-clipless shoe have been the Intense 3/4 top sticky rubber shoe. They didn't fit so well, but the soles and protection were very good. To bad they aren't available any more.
    5.10, the makers of the Intense shoes, are producing the 3/4 and low top DH stick-e shoes once again. Seems the demand was to good to ignore. I know your a busy guy so I thought I'd give you the heads up.

    Might want to, maybe, give 5.10 a call and look into a little dealer action.

  16. #16
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Sorry for the spam, but about this time last year a lot of riders were looking for these shoes. Go-ride signed up as a dealer months ago and finally the shoes have arrived. If you are in need of the best clipless DH shoe, this is it. Here's a link if you are interested in getting a pair: Adidas Hematoma Shoes



    I managed to find a pair for myself, last year, and after a full season (about 100 DH days) I am still loving these shoes. They have a stiff sole for pedaling, but are coated in softer rubber for walking. The inside of the ankle has a great pad and the toe is made of bomb proof hockey skate material. The center of the sole has a long channel to make engaging your pedal easier. They use 3 heavy duty velcro straps and the cut is wider than most cycling shoes. Overall they are the best DH shoe I have ever seen, I even use mine for XC days.
    Scott,

    How well do these work with CB Mallet pedals? How many spacers are needed. I've been looking for a good shoe to use with Mallets, but seems most have terrible interface issues. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Uhhhhh...
    Reputation: TheSherpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    5.10, the makers of the Intense shoes, are producing the 3/4 and low top DH stick-e shoes once again. Seems the demand was to good to ignore. I know your a busy guy so I thought I'd give you the heads up.

    Might want to, maybe, give 5.10 a call and look into a little dealer action.
    Might want to look at post date?

    Go-Ride is a 5.10 dealer.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

  18. #18
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Might want to look at post date?

    Go-Ride is a 5.10 dealer.
    EWWW OLD POST!
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  19. #19
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Might want to look at post date?

    Go-Ride is a 5.10 dealer.
    Oh @&*!*&!%#[email protected]#*##@*, sorry about that. Damn!t!!!! Oh well, first time for everything. Thanks

  20. #20
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Oh @&*!*&!%#[email protected]#*##@*, sorry about that. Damn!t!!!! Oh well, first time for everything. Thanks
    Frikken noob.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  21. #21
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,210

    so a new post is better?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Might want to look at post date?

    Go-Ride is a 5.10 dealer.
    that way, when doing a search, you find a thousand posts w/ a couple lines of info, vs. a lot less containing a lot more information?
    Or is this just a way to lord over those w/ fewer posts than you?
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.