Female Clothing Innovation- Mtbr.com

Oct 2006

Female Clothing Innovation

You know, alone because of the peeing issue, I would never want to swap sex, even if I met up with a genie. But then I got this bright idea! Unfortunately, selling ideas is not something which I am good at, but perhaps some of you chicks could forward this to nike, pearl izumi and such.

Picture this, how about a biking short with a zipfly? Zip would go through the padding, but the padding would be creased so that the skin would have no contact with the pad itself. Then you could have a looong zip going from the tummy to the anus. This could be handy if you need to crap without being spotted, or for other stuff left to your imagination. Isn't that a good idea?

Nike could even put a slogan on the bum:

Just Do It.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTiger
    You know, alone because of the peeing issue, I would never want to swap sex, even if I met up with a genie. But then I got this bright idea! ....
    Wha...what?! You are alone because you have a peeing issue? Are you sure that's the only reason?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Not a completely new idea

Some backcountry and climbing gear manufacturers make pants that zip up this way or other ways that allow women to easilly drop trou without taking off the clothes and other gear. In addition to your front to back idea, I have a pair of Cloudveil pants that zip down from the hips in a way that allows the back of the pants to be pulled down while keeping the front up (and allowing me to keep my climbing harness on).

In addition to Cloudveil, I have seen Arc'Terxy pants with zips like your concept. I say go for your idea with the bike clothing manufacturers!!

mtbr member
    Seems like a crotch-seam zipper would be uncomfortable in cycling shorts, even with a pad folded over it. Side zips, maybe...

mtbr member
    Sorry, I'll gladly sacrifice my modesty in favor of comfort. A crotch zipper sounds unbearable, no matter what you're doing to the padding.

And there are already plenty of pants on the market that have a zipper like that (for both sexes). Which make sense if you're not sitting on a saddle all day.

Feb 2004
    I have no problem dropping my pants to pee on a ride, or for any outdoor activity for that matter...Every guy I'm ever around just walks about 5 feet from me and pee's, so why should I care...big whoop, so somebody might catch a glimpse of my a$$ if he's so inclined to...it's probably not the first one he's seen...

now it's having my period in the outdoors that's annoying...toilet paper (check), baggie (check), tampons (check), wet wipes (check)...
    I can barely remember all my gear let alone that crap...

I'd go for a zipping crotch any day over wearing a bladder so I can pee while I ride...talk about weird, to me at least...

i worship Mr T
    [snip]Picture this, how about a biking short with a zipfly?
    no offense but that sounds like a lousy idea to me. i'm with connie on this one - there is no way you could pad a zipper sufficiently so that it wouldn't be hell to sit on.

as to your issues about changing sexes, well, you have no idea what you're missing.

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

Don't worry, be happy!
    zippers are dangerous

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    zippers are dangerous
    yes, they cause red X's.

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

involuntary dismounter
    zipper on your goodies + bike seat = BAD idea!!!

Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

pewpewpew Moderator
    Then you could have a looong zip going from the tummy to the anus. This could be handy if you need to crap without being spotted, or for other stuff left to your imagination.
    You be the first and let us know how it goes.

Of all the things I worry about while riding, being spotted while eliminating anything has never been one of them.
    Love, Impy

Rides with Scissors
    I've always kind of wanted bibs to have a feature similar to old-style thermal underwear with the 'flap' in back. It would make peeing in the woods much easier in the winter (for those of us who have to deal with sub-freezing temps regularly)!
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Members who have read this thread: 0