External iPhone holder to play music (that attaches on hydrationpack strap)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

External iPhone holder to play music (that attaches on hydrationpack strap)

That's a mouthful..but do you guys know of a good brand that will securely attach my iPhone (5S) to the front strap of a hydration pack that has openings so I can hear the music while I ride (I don't want to use earbuds)..I like it too that way so people can hear me coming as I approach..

I've seen some Maxpedition ones, but not sure how it will attach on the hydration pack front strap.

Ideally, I'm looking for it to attach left front strap, above the left/right pocket area..hope this makes sense.

mtbr member
    This might fit the bill..I don't want it to be completely covered as I want opening so the music will come through..

Timbuk2 3-Way

Wait for me!
    The last thing I want to hear on the trail is other peoples music, just my opinion. Get a bell if you want to alert other trail users as you approach them.

mtbr member
    I truley despise hearing other people's music when I'm out enjoying nature. That said I ordered a Timbuk2 3 way for my phone. Easier to access the camera.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by taprackbang View Post
    This might fit the bill..I don't want it to be completely covered as I want opening so the music will come through..

Timbuk2 3-Way

I don't think that you will be able to hear anything while riding. iPhone speakers are not too loud. Maybe you should consider getting a small external speaker like this one: Amazon.com: Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker with Rechargeable Battery and Enhanced Bass Resonator: MP3 Players & Accessories
    Last edited by Max24; 03-02-2015 at 05:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Please don't play music on external speakers on the trail. Many people use that time to escape into nature. If you want people to hear you get a small bell.

Yeah!
    People appreciate a single announcement of our approach, not our playlist coming all the way down the ridge. Attention needs to be on the trail, not on a Taylor Swift cover of a Bozz Scaggs hit from that album he did with the guys that became Toto. Music on the trail is a leading cause of Controlled Flight into Terrain and Other Users. Protect yourself.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Use earbuds, nobody wants to hear what your listening to. Sorry. A "Good morning"or "Good afternoon" is enough to let people your coming up on them or " simple "Rider up" around blind corners. I don't much like hearing those Bear dinner bells either.
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul