Evoc Protector Air Vest+- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Evoc Protector Air Vest+

Anyone have any experience with the Evoc? Am looking for something with collarbone protection that I can wear in the summer. Appreciate the help.

mtbr member
    What kind of collar bone protection are you looking for? Collar bones are broken by the longitudinal force when you land on your shoulder or elbow and there really isn't anything that can protect against that.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Just some padding. As it goes, I have a slightly uncomfortable six inch titanium plate that would argue for blunt force trauma as a reasonable method of snapping a collarbone.

The Evoc is one of the only vests with what looks like decent collarbone padding. Any users out there?

Magically Delicious

Snap, Crackle and Pop...

I guess any added protection offers some added benefit, but my collarbone break was a hard impact to my right shoulder and upper arm.

Evoc Protector Air Vest+-20160802_140148.jpg
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Unfortunately these guys are correct, the padding keeps you from getting scraped up or joint protection but the blunt force does it. It's a lever type of thing as well. Same with anterior and ughhh posterior shoulder dislocations. I've had the latter and it's a hideous shoulder injury.

After my shoulder repairs I searched heavily but nothing short of NFL suspension type padding would make a difference was my personal conclusion. Some tuck and roll training karate style might go a long way... Shrunkin cahonies for many months after getting back on the horse.

All that said (as an EVOC option), look into Bluegrass. Pretty impressive and I'm told by a friend who uses it on every ride that it disappears. So if your looking for low branch wacking your sensitive new repair type of protection, this could be it.

https://www.bluegrasseagle.com/produ.../armour-bs-d3o

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have been using the Evoc for more than year now. Protection is really good (backbone and shoulders!) and it suits me very well. Had a POC vest and TLD protection shirt before and I think the Evoc is by far better. Whatever the guys say - it might not be the magic bullet in a heavy crash but I am feeling more secure on lift-assisted downhill trails....

Ride More - Suffer Less
    I was riding some primo riparian in some really wet conditions.. I came in a little hot into a berm I normally rail...I pop out mid berm sending me forearm first into moss covered tree...big tree. I take said tree up the forearm and shoulder check tree, sending me gently off edge...I stopped fine and immediately thought about this thread. No serious damage but dang shoulder and forearm few shades of blue and achy putting shirt on couple days.

Im thinking one of these vests would have taken all the punishment of that glantz.

Rethinking for these situations, can't afford more serious punishment at my age.

Sweat Buster Helmet padding, Why suffer with sweat in your face & glasses? traxfactory.com