Endo's due to Giro E2 helmets...- Mtbr.com
    Probably drunk right now

Endo's due to Giro E2 helmets...

I noticed that when I rode with an E2 helmet, that I endo'd a couple of times. I've since switched helmets and I haven't endo'd. Is there a problem with the E2's that make riders susceptable to endoing while they're wearing them? Perhaps there is a little front weighting that results in going OTB with an E2?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    I noticed that when I rode with an E2 helmet, that I endo'd a couple of times. I've since switched helmets and I haven't endo'd. Is there a problem with the E2's that make riders susceptable to endoing while they're wearing them? Perhaps there is a little front weighting that results in going OTB with an E2?
    I think its a case of riders that have endo'd too many times without the E2.

LA CHÈVRE
    I should contact Giro for a replacement then, I don't endo much when wearing mine.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Never had a problem with mine. Wiped out, crashed and burned, hit a tree even but doing and endo.....nah what do you think I can't ride?

mtbr member
    From my understanding, they have an extra long visor, causing one to only see so far ahead of them. Are you sure you had your front wheel on?

Probably drunk right now

Hard to say....

Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    From my understanding, they have an extra long visor, causing one to only see so far ahead of them. Are you sure you had your front wheel on?
    Most of the time I have my front wheel on, so I don't think it was that. Some times I forget to move that shiny handle on the wheel back and forth. I also like to chew gum. Perhaps the extra long visor is adding the weight?

Ken

"El Whatever"
    Yeah... blame it on the helmet. It was designed by the Devil himself and made in the bowels of hell.

The Pope decreted they should not be used or the Devil may pull you from the head towards hell. That may explain your endos.
    Check my Site

jrm
    mtbr member

Maybe its on to tight.....

j/k....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My $0.02

I think that it has more to do with aerodynamics than weight, although they may be related. What we have here is a helmet with too many vents. It does not provide enough surface area to create a downward force sufficient to keep the rear of the bike down thereby allowing for lift and the resultant endo.

Duc

mtbr member
    Some times I forget to move that shiny handle on the wheel back and forth.
    This might be your problem. From my understanding, that shinny thing is designed to prevent damage to the hub when shipping the bike. I don't think you actually need it installed on the bike itself.

Jabberwocky Jockey
    Try putting it on backwards. Then you'll only need to worry about looping out.
    Calling out from the Land of the Riding Hillbilly.

www.vassagocycles.com
    www.ntmba.org

My Blog

Ouch, I am hot!
    I don't think any of this is funny. Endo's are a serious matter. What are we coming to? Next thing someone will start a thread about their saddle smelling like ass!
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Don't be ridiclious?

(How's the back?)

Jabberwocky Jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    I don't think any of this is funny. Endo's are a serious matter. What are we coming to? Next thing someone will start a thread about their saddle smelling like ass!
    Now that you mention it, my riding shorts smell like ass.

Does anybody else have this problem? I don't know what I should do. Maybe the smell rubbed of my saddle or........

OMG! My ASS smells like ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Calling out from the Land of the Riding Hillbilly.

www.vassagocycles.com
    www.ntmba.org

My Blog

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Don't be ridiclious?

(How's the back?)
    Its bad, but at least it does not smell like ass. I need to take some time off, I am hoping only two weeks.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member

Yup

I had a bad endo with my E2 and cracked it through in 3 places. Crash replacement is a Havoc and have had no endos with it. Obviously it was the E2.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Probably drunk right now

Endo Update

sumbich! I rode tonight with the helmet I replaced the Giro with. Just riding along and WHAM!! Endo'd like a mother. Since the E2's replacement helmet is also a Giro, I think it's obvious the problem lies with the manufacturer. My bloody and gashed up elbows kind of hurt, a nice bruise on my forearm and another bruise on my hip due to a damned helmet. Who knew.

Funny though, while I was lying on the ground taking inventory of my digits and limbs, I noticed the my saddle, which was kind of lying gently on my cheek smelled like ass!! Can you believe this? I mean, what's up with that? It's obvious that Giro not only causes endo's, but also causes ass smell on saddles.

I'm drafting my letter to Giro right now.

Ken

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    sumbich! I rode tonight with the helmet I replaced the Giro with. Just riding along and WHAM!! Endo'd like a mother. Since the E2's replacement helmet is also a Giro, I think it's obvious the problem lies with the manufacturer. My bloody and gashed up elbows kind of hurt, a nice bruise on my forearm and another bruise on my hip due to a damned helmet. Who knew.

Funny though, while I was lying on the ground taking inventory of my digits and limbs, I noticed the my saddle, which was kind of lying gently on my cheek smelled like ass!! Can you believe this? I mean, what's up with that? It's obvious that Giro not only causes endo's, but also causes ass smell on saddles.

I'm drafting my letter to Giro right now.

Ken
    Must be the fit. Other than the Semi, Giros do not even come close to fitting my head. Either too short front to back or so big I can put my fists in along the sides. The pain and/or unstable helmet could cause endos.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Probably drunk right now

Yeah but....

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy���
    Must be the fit. Other than the Semi, Giros do not even come close to fitting my head. Either too short front to back or so big I can put my fists in along the sides. The pain and/or unstable helmet could cause endos.
    What do you have to say about the ass smell, smart guy?

I got the Giro because I really liked the eye holes on their helmets. They're much more open than others. I like the way they loop down below my eyes. Most of the other helmets tend to block my vision.

Ken