elbow armor?- Mtbr.com

Thread: elbow armor?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Hope elbow armor?

i need some new elbow armor.anyone got any good suggestions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    sixsixone
    raceface
    troy lee designs
    rockgardn

add ".com" to the end of those and there ya go...

Roll on Spring Time!
    oooooh I woodn't say its that clear cut. I bought 661 and they sucked. Dont know which ones but they slipped like crazy. I have fox launch which are slightly better but still slip. I also bought some tsg elbow pads which I can also used for DH skate boarding and they are solid. I pretty much only use them for DJ and street. I am still looking for the perfect elbow forearm pads. Legs are sorted!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    what are tsg pads?i got some tld knee shin but havent had them long enough although they stayed up for the megavalnnche in peru so they pretty good

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    didnt say they were the definitive...just giving some options.

but as with anything that goes on your body, fit is gonna be different for everyone. ive had zero probs with 661 pads.

Roll on Spring Time!
    Think its the shape of my forearms. Big at the elbows and small wrists. I think any forearm pad will slip on me.
    I think TSG is more skate. Picked them up when I was in UK as a friend was rocking some knee pads and they looked snug.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I really like my O'neal (Azonic) elbows. Very comfortable and they don't slip. It looks like they updated the design a bit from what I have.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Dainese?

Professional Troll
    http://sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike...0-0db6f5994a84 been rocking these for about a month. Pretty comfy. And guess what, the straps weren't made for people who are ~500 pounds. They actually tighten!!!

mtbr member
    I have the Roach/Race Face Rally FR elbow and knee pads and they have been fantastic. The elbow pads I have ridden with on long rides and have been very comfortable. I have plowed into trees and some rocks with them with no problems. You can sometimes find these on Chainlove.com as well, but I saw them on beyondbikes.com on sale for 30 or 35 for the DH ones.

I do also own some Dainese gear and was very happy with the comfort level of all of there stuff and the level of protection. Hope it helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Your other option of course it to go with a pressure suit. I know this isn't for everyone, but I like the all around protection it provides.

661 makes some good'ens.

squish is good
    I've been using these ones -

Rock Garden Elbow Guard Pro

And they are pretty good. Only pair of elbow guards I've used though, I usually wear as little armor as possible but I'm starting to talk myself into protecting the extremities a little more. They stay relatively cool, can be a bit uncomfortable if you don't set up the velcro strap that goes around the bicep right. If it's off a bit it'll scratch the crap out of your arm. Otherwise I forget about them seconds after I drop in. They stay put the whole time, no fussing. Good pads.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    plus 1 for the rockgardens. I have the flakjacket but ill use the elbow pads separately for the mellow trails and i love them. They stay in place and are really pretty comfortable.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

Roll on Spring Time!
    ye, i can see those rockgardens being solid. My last trails ride, no pads, I realised how much I muscle trees with my forearms and elbows. Some sections are stupid tite.

mtbr member
    I am all for recommending pads for anybody thinking about it. I was doing some cross country a couple years ago and on one gnarly section got the front tire caught in a nasty rock, did a nice endo and after everything was settled part of my big chainring went into my forearm. Needless to say after 7 stitches and the copay/repeat visits/etc I could have bought a case of guards. With the comfort of so many of them now its easy to put them on and forget about them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    thanks very much for your suggestions,i still undecided about,i have a 661 pressure suit but its to hot to use all the time all day,had roach gear but it hard to get hold of in NZ,got race face body suit that is nice and lite,still need elbows though,guess i see what else NZ can help me out with,cheers,
    stinky

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Dainese:

Members who have read this thread: 0