eggbeaters destroy soles of shoes???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

eggbeaters destroy soles of shoes???

Has anyone heard of this or seen it first hand. I just switched from Shimano 545's to eggbeaters. I like them but I keep thinking that at one time I saw on ebay someone selling a little plastic adapter so that the eggbeaters didnt rub through the sole of you shoe. the idea was adapter got destroyed from rubbing. not shoe, and adapter/guard plate was like $2.

Marketing gimic or real issue? just wondering

Jul 2007
    I run eggbeaters on Sidi Dominator shoes, and have been doing so for a couple months now, and notice no non-normal wear to my shoes due to the pedals.

I was talking to the shop owner at my LBS about eggbeaters, she told me that if you have soft-plastic solded shoes, you will sometimes run into a problem with the pedals wearing away softer plastic, but as you said, there is a metal plate that can be used, as well as plastic adapters (or even making your own from plastic tubs, etc) that can minimize this problem.

Cheers,

Tim

Double-metric mtb man
    Crank Brothers provides shims that you can use to help solve this. I didn't use them for my Eggbeaters and noticed a little wear after 1.5 yrs. My Acids needed them due to clearance issues with my chosen shoes and the platform portions of the pedal.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullycanpara
    I run eggbeaters on Sidi Dominator shoes, and have been doing so for a couple months now, and notice no non-normal wear to my shoes due to the pedals.
    I have the same, been riding them for a year, and I bought the shoes and pedals second hand. No pedal related damage at all. The only thing that wears are the brass cleats, and actually I haven't even had to replace those yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0