• 04-20-2006
    fran
    4 Attachment(s)
    Egg beater problem with comp shoes...please I need some help!
    Hi

I have a pair of specialized comp shoes and the cleat sits a little deep in the sole so I put the spacers that come with the pedals but it`s still a little hard (harder than my old shimano`s) to release the shoe. Since there`s no "tension" adjustment, do I need to sand the sole to the point that there`s no contact between the pedal and the sole when clipped in? Or do you have any other ideas?

Here are a couple of pics of the shoes with the cleats, do you see something wrong that makes the unclipping action not very easy??:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot!

bye
  • 04-20-2006
    prod
    How wide are the eggbeaters compared to the distance between the two tread ridges on the sole? I am thinking that you arent getting enough twist to release the cleat.
    Try clipping in, then taking your foot out of the shoe. Then flip the bike upside-down and try twisting the shoe with your hand. That way you can get a close look at what may be interfering.
  • 04-20-2006
    blatido
    I had the same problem with same shoes... I put extra spacers and problem was solved.
  • 04-20-2006
    Lumbee1
    I got the same shoes with MalletM's. 50 or so clips and unclips to break in but now they are golden. Going on a year with them.
  • 04-20-2006
    RobG
    Same shoes, same pedals (actually Mallets now, but used SL's prior). I used a Dremel tool to grind away some of the shoe's sole until they worked. All it takes is a little clearance to solve your problem.
  • 04-20-2006
    fran
    can anyone post here
    please, a picture of the part that you dremel from your shoe. It`ll be good to see wich part should I sand exactly to avoid damaging the sole.

Thanks!
    bye