DOT Helmet time...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726

    DOT Helmet time...

    Time to replace the trusty Remedy.

    Im looking at getting a DOT to replace it. Cant risk a head injury from now until August...

    Either 661 Flight or RockGardn Warbird series.
    Any one own either one? I know a few MTBR'ers own the 661 Flight, would you guys care to share?


    I already know it will be A: Heavier B: Hotter. I dont care.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  2. #2
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    the Flight is an awesome helmet, most comfortable i've tried
    doesn't get that hot, fits nice and snug

    really have nothing bad to say about it

  3. #3
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Time to replace the trusty Remedy.

    Im looking at getting a DOT to replace it. Cant risk a head injury from now until August...

    Either 661 Flight or RockGardn Warbird series.
    Any one own either one? I know a few MTBR'ers own the 661 Flight, would you guys care to share?


    I already know it will be A: Heavier B: Hotter. I dont care.
    I saw you a few times at Northstar holmes, and me and my buddy on the Chumba (Yes, Chumba) always kicked the 661 Flight. Its the most legit DOT Helmet out there. I highly recommended it. Definitely see if you can try one on, they're on the snug side of things.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    71
    my flight is the most comfortable helmet ive used. its not all that heavy at all, i dont notice the difference between that and my old giro. it breaths pretty well and one of them has already saved my life.( i feel 20 ft straight to my shoulder, whiplashed my head sideways into the ground. the flight i had on has about 100 cracks in the side of it, and one that goes all the way up the side through the kevlar. if it wasnt for that, my brains would be on the bottom of side o...) i STRONGLY reccomend it.

  5. #5
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    I have a frail little school girl neck. How much do all ya'll Flights weigh?

    My only concern is that the Warbird weighs 3.5lbs.....
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    71
    i think mine with goggles is a little under 3. or maybe a little over. i donno i dont have a scale. next time im at the HQ ill bring it.

  7. #7
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129
    i think mine with goggles is a little under 3. or maybe a little over. i donno i dont have a scale. next time im at the HQ ill bring it.
    Right on, Phil has a few Flights chilln. I'll check when I go in next time.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  8. #8
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    I have a frail little school girl neck. How much do all ya'll Flights weigh?

    My only concern is that the Warbird weighs 3.5lbs.....
    You'll get used to it dude...its not that dramatic of a change.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jettj45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    the Flight is an awesome helmet, most comfortable i've tried
    doesn't get that hot, fits nice and snug

    really have nothing bad to say about it
    +1 I love might flight

  10. #10
    I rot before I ripen
    Reputation: levee67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Don't forget Adam's helmet review:

    http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/full-fa...d-guide-intro/

    damon

  11. #11
    Huh?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Definitely see if you can try one on, they're on the snug side of things.

    How does the 661 Flight fit compared to the Giro Remedy?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    The flights suck compared to Fox V3. It was the lightest moto helmet avalible, not sure if its been beat yet. It has the most air flow out of any helmet I have ever felt. It does cost a lot more than the flight though.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

  13. #13
    not a forum admin
    Reputation: atomicAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Right on, Phil has a few Flights chilln. I'll check when I go in next time.
    I'm getting warbird in the office sometime this coming week. i'd be thrilled to give you my initial thoughts on it. call me.

  14. #14
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I'm getting warbird in the office sometime this coming week. i'd be thrilled to give you my initial thoughts on it. call me.
    Right on! Email sent.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  15. #15
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I saw you a few times at Northstar holmes, and me and my buddy on the Chumba (Yes, Chumba) always kicked the 661 Flight. Its the most legit DOT Helmet out there. I highly recommended it. Definitely see if you can try one on, they're on the snug side of things.
    I'm swapping my Blur 4x for a Chumba tomorrow...can I join your crew?

  16. #16
    Thunder Chunky
    Reputation: Madman133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,752
    I love my flight. when i kill this one i will buy another. not that heavy and its got decent airflow for a DOT helmet
    Purple Popcorn

  17. #17
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I'm swapping my Blur 4x for a Chumba tomorrow...can I join your crew?
    Chumba guys drop the soap.

    Do you?
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.