• 01-18-2005
    markseelos805
    Don't have a full face helmet?
    BUY ONE! I went over the handelbars today and came down and knocked on the side of my face. My back and shoulders is torn up- but nothing serious. If I wasn't wearing guards and a full helmet my I would be in more pain and my face would be horribly disfigured and you would all call me ass face and other names that would hurt my feelings :D . The knee/shin and elbow/ forearm guards helped, too
    Mark
    p.s.- If you do have a horribly disfigured face, please say so, so we can hurt your feelings. lol j/k
  • 01-19-2005
    themarsvolta55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markseelos805
    BUY ONE! I went over the handelbars today and came down and knocked on the side of my face. My back and shoulders is torn up- but nothing serious. If I wasn't wearing guards and a full helmet my I would be in more pain and my face would be horribly disfigured and you would all call me ass face and other names that would hurt my feelings :D . The knee/shin and elbow/ forearm guards helped, too
    Mark
    p.s.- If you do have a horribly disfigured face, please say so, so we can hurt your feelings. lol j/k

well what a wonderful story.. haha ya if your doing that kind of biking like freeride you would want to consider a full face... im looking at pricepoint and they have 661 full face for 50. good quality?
  • 01-19-2005
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    well what a wonderful story.. haha ya if your doing that kind of biking like freeride you would want to consider a full face... im looking at pricepoint and they have 661 full face for 50. good quality?

50 is a great deal for a great well ventilated helmet
  • 01-19-2005
    Shibby
    try one on at your lbs and make sure that it fits your melon well
  • 01-19-2005
    e<i>o
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yes, always wear your full face or you'll end up like me..........

After my disfiguring accident, I can't find a full face helmet that fits me.
  • 01-19-2005
    themarsvolta55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by e<i>o

hahahahaaaa :p
  • 01-19-2005
    VIA
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yeah... always wear your helmet... you don't wanna wake up the 'helmet nazy' .
  • 01-19-2005
    leeboy
    which full face helmet should i get?!
    661 full bravo for $50 or giro madmax2 05 for $70?!
  • 01-19-2005
    VIA
    [QUOTE=leeboy]661 full bravo for $50

that one
  • 01-19-2005
    dante
    there's NOTHING quite like going over the handlebars from 3-4' up, and watching the ground come up REALLY fast. I tried to roll something a couple years ago, steep roll, ledge, steep roll. I didn't clear the ledge, and endo'd, falling the last 4 feet or so before hitting the ground face first. Was wearing my FF, which ended up getting scratched/cracked to sh!t, but was ok except for a little bit of a stiff neck. Don't always wear my FF, but when I'm not I stick to stuff I've done before. Hey, people can do whatever they want, but that view of the ground coming up along with the feeling of freefalling is enough to scare me into wearing a FF whenever I try something new/stupid/retarted/etc. :D
  • 01-19-2005
    TNC
    But you must have great...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by e<i>o

After my disfiguring accident, I can't find a full face helmet that fits me.

peripheral vision for tight 4X racing...LOL!
  • 01-19-2005
    markseelos805
    yess, 661 makes great stuff
    It's probably a 661 "full comp" helmet which is a good one. Also check out the bell bellistic- It's 50 bucks, very comfotable, pretty light, and saved my ass- or head i guess ;)
    Peace
    Mark
  • 01-19-2005
    MTBSully
    i agree. Always wear your full face. Mine probably saved my lide two weeks ago...
  • 01-19-2005
    pdirt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dante
    t...something new/stupid/retarted/etc. :D

Sounds like every ride I go on :)

I usually wear a fullie.. oddly DJ ing and skatepark I prefer a DJ lid for the added vision and I can hear better..

ya need to be able to hear when kooks come up straight snake gankin' ya...

almost every serious crash I've had at a skatepark was caused by a kook snakin' a line.

...anyway

FF is a must for most stuff I do. But there are times the DJ offers 'more' in other ways is what I'm trying to get at, I guess.