Does Gyro sell replacement pads for their helmets?- Mtbr.com
    banned

Does Gyro sell replacement pads for their helmets?

I took off the pads to my Gyro Havoc Helmet (they *stunk*), washed them in a sock, and apparently now I've lost one (probably more likely dropped more than gettting eaten by the washing machine). Where can I get another set?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by awai04
    I took off the pads to my Gyro Havoc Helmet (they *stunk*), washed them in a sock, and apparently now I've lost one (probably more likely dropped more than gettting eaten by the washing machine). Where can I get another set?
    Give them a call. I asked to buy a set for three of my helmets and they sent them all to me free of charge. How's that for customer service.

mtbr member
    I have a bell, but I just went to their website and email them. They emailed back asking for shipping information and I got a set free about 3 days later.
    You can't test courage cautiously.

-Annie Dillard

Team Blindspot

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by duc135
    Give them a call. I asked to buy a set for three of my helmets and they sent them all to me free of charge. How's that for customer service.

Called their CS # on their website, said I needed new pads for my E2, sent them free of charge, didn't even ask for shipping charges.
    Astigmatic Visionary

banned
    Hey thanks, all. I will call Gyro and see what happens.

mtbr member

Just don't email

I emailed Giro several times regarding a minor issue, and never received a response. Sounds like phoning is the way to go.

banned
    Hmm. I emailed Giro yesterday but have received no response. I also tried calling them twice today. The first time I hung up after being on-hold ten minutes. I called a second time at 3:30 pm western time, and the office was closed! What the ...??

Quote Originally Posted by notrelatedtoted
    I emailed Giro several times regarding a minor issue, and never received a response. Sounds like phoning is the way to go.
    Last edited by awai04; 02-22-2006 at 07:46 PM.

I meant to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by awai04
    Hmm. I emailed Giro yesterday but have received no response. I also tried calling them twice today. The first time I hung up after being on-hold ten minutes. I called a second time at 3:30 pm western time, and the office was closed! What the ...??
    I emailed Giro, got a reply from Bell after about 2 weeks. We went back and forth trying to figure out what year model my helmet was (02 Gila), and I eventually got a replacement set in the mail.

Old man on a bike
    I'm pretty sure you only are eligible for a replacement pita from Gyro, but there might be a crash replacement deal available from Giro/Bell....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

banned

Bit of follow up (I lost hold of this thread)

A few days later, I did get an email response from Giro. Then a few more days after that, my new pads arrived. Thanks Giro!

Members who have read this thread: 0