Do you buy shoes online?- Mtbr.com
    adult onset ADHD

Do you buy shoes online?

I guess I need a 44.5 or 10.5 and I'm not having luck with the Scott Sports shoes I bought at Cambriabike.com. Cambria has been great with my order and returns, so no complaint there, but I returned the 45s because there was 3/8" of extra movement in the heel cup and got the 44s and now I think I may need to return them because they are a smige too narrow.
    any suggestions.? shops around here have a very limited choice of styles.
    thanks
    Respect your local Woodland Spirits

WNY Mountain Biking Assoc.

Mouth-Breather / Huffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor'Easter
    I guess I need a 44.5 or 10.5 and I'm not having luck with the Scott Sports shoes I bought at Cambriabike.com. Cambria has been great with my order and returns, so no complaint there, but I returned the 45s because there was 3/8" of extra movement in the heel cup and got the 44s and now I think I may need to return them because they are a smige too narrow.
    any suggestions.? shops around here have a very limited choice of styles.
    thanks
    I have. But I've found that each brand is different, use different lasts, and , in general, cycling shoes seem to run narrow. One brand's 48 my be a 47 or 49 in another brand.

I ended up returning some Sidi Dom 5s because they were too narrow and I was too cheap to drop the extra cash for the Sidi Dom 5 Megas. I then purchased a pair of Sette Epics from Pricepoint.com. They seem to run true to size and are wider than most cycling shoes. It worked out for me, but it may be a YMMV type of thing.
    Last edited by dog.gone; 05-10-2009 at 06:44 PM.

mtbr member
    I've ordered two pair of similar sizes tried them both on at home,
    then returned the one that did'nt fit correctly (wide feet)

This way I'm not waiting for them to process the return, credit the account etc.

I think an online purchase even with the extra ~$10-15 shipping cost to return one pair is still cheaper than an LBS. Just have to look out for restocking fees

Members who have read this thread: 0