Dinotte Ultra 5w on helmet...need a little help.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dinotte Ultra 5w on helmet...need a little help.

Ok, so I just got my Dinotte Ultra 5w and I plan to use it on my helmet. It came with a helmet mount, but the chord to the battery is only 12 inches (a detail I neglected to notice in doing research, but I probably would have bought it anyway). Anyway, I have to put the battery pack on my helmet. Only problem is that the nylon battery case is kind of loose, so it's going to bounce around a bit. Has anybody had this problem? Should I just wrap another strap around it?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    DiNotte has an extension cable that you can order if you want to carry the battery in your pack or jersey pocket. If you want to try the battery on the helmet just use a wide velcro strap and snug down tight.
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Driggs
    DiNotte has an extension cable that you can order if you want to carry the battery in your pack or jersey pocket. If you want to try the battery on the helmet just use a wide velcro strap and snug down tight.
    I thought I had seen an extension cable on their website in the past, but cannot find one now.

Can you direct us to it?

I emailed DiNotte in the past and never received a reply.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I haven't had any problems with the battery pack bouncing around or moving while mounted on the helmet. I also had an extra length of velcro included that i was going to use to warp around the battery pack again in case it did move around a bit but i haven't had to use it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I haven't had any problems with the battery pack bouncing around or moving while mounted on the helmet. I also had an extra length of velcro included that i was going to use to warp around the battery pack again in case it did move around a bit but i haven't had to use it.
    Really? It doesn't bounce around? I haven't ridden with it yet (just got it yesterday) but the nylon case is loose and the velcro strap attaches through a belt loop on the back of the case, so it seem like it would bounce a bit. I guess if it does it's no problem to wrap another strap around it.

mtbr member
    I'm assuming that you purchased the AA version. If so, you can make your own extension cord using THESE connectors from Radio Shack.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by llama
    Really? It doesn't bounce around? I haven't ridden with it yet (just got it yesterday) but the nylon case is loose and the velcro strap attaches through a belt loop on the back of the case, so it seem like it would bounce a bit. I guess if it does it's no problem to wrap another strap around it.
    Yeah mine is the little AA version and mounts through the belt loop. I also thought initially that it would move around a bit and i'd ntice it because it was helmt mounted, but so far no problems.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I'm assuming that you purchased the AA version. If so, you can make your own extension cord using THESE connectors from Radio Shack.
    Thanks. I bought the connectors a month ago. I'm just being lazy and haven't soldered them up yet.

mtbr member
    Can someone explain what needs to be soldered in order to make the 9v cord from radioshack work? I'm not one to mess with electronics much, so I'd appreciate the help.

Ant

mtbr member
    I mount my AA battery pack on the helmet and found it works best if the belt loop faces away from the helmet, that way the velcro strap gets to grab more of the battery pack. If I mount it the other way round it is loose, but this way it doesn't move.

Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0