Dinotte 400L or Cygolite Mity 350 for helmet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dinotte 400L or Cygolite Mity 350 for helmet?

New to night riding and want some advice between these two lights for my helmet mount. Any thoughts much appreciated.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    They're both great lights. I have both and like the Dinotte on the helmet more with two spot lenses. I really think you'd be happy with either though. The Cygolite spreads light a bit wider than the Dinotte. In my unscientific "weigh it in the hands" measurement, the Dinotte light head weighs less but it's battery weighs more than the Cygolite.

The mounts are what might make a difference to you. The Cygolite you can take the light head off of while leaving the mount on your helmet. With the Dinotte you have to take the whole thing off as the light is attached to the mouht wiht a screw. Not a big deal to me since I have one helmet for night riding that I just leave a light on, but something to consider if you only have one helmet.

mtbr member
    I don't have the specific models you're talking about, but I have both Cygolite and Dinotte lights. In my opinion, the Dinotte is a better quality build. I have a total of 5 Dinotte's (2 headlights, 2 taillights, and 1 running light) and had one problem, a bad battery snap I was able to replace with an exact replacement from Radio Shack. The Dinotte had its switch fail. I fixed that myself, too, but it was a more involved repair because the switch was internal, and no exact replacement could be found.
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd go with the Dinotte 400L, based on their easily accessible and helpful customer service. The lights are pretty good too. I don't own one but ride with friends who do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I'd go with the Dinotte 400L, based on their easily accessible and helpful customer service. The lights are pretty good too. I don't own one but ride with friends who do.
    I can't comment on the Dinotte 400L's but I do have a couple of the 200L's (2 on the bars and 1 on the helmet), which are plenty for night riding. Flyer is right about Dinotte's CS. Top notch and the product quality is great... I've had mine for a few seasons without a problem (except for a dog chewing up a battery pack)...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Love my Dinotte 400L. The battery lasts forever and the two lights are perfect for pitchblack trailriding we do here. Great CS as others have commented.

They've improved the light since the first Dinotte I owned a few years ago, and the cord seems more secure as it enters the light engine--the only weak point of the previous design, IMHO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have a 400L and been pretty happy with it. It's actually a lot of light in a very small package.

mtbr member
    Seems like Dinotte will be lighting my way. The 400L is what I was leaning towards but wanted to see if I could save some $ with the Cygolite. Thanks for the responses.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

Members who have read this thread: 0