Differences in the Troy Lee Skyline / Skyline Race shorts- Mtbr.com
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008

Differences in the Troy Lee Skyline / Skyline Race shorts

I have two pair of the '14 TLD Skyline shorts; they are easily my all-time favorite shorts.

I want to get a couple new pair, but their website does a really mediocre job explaining the differences between the Skyline and the Skyline Race.

The Race version comes with an inner liner, and says they fit a "little looser than the skyline". Which to me is odd, I would think the "Race" version would be a little more form-fitting.

Then there is the Ripstop version which I thought was just a visual difference, but apparently the material is actually different / stronger.

Can anyone chime in and provide some input on the differences? I'm curious which current style of Skyline are as similar-as-possible to my '14 Skylines.

Thank you.

Rent this space for $
    I was looking at some while in Art's last week. The Skyline is my 'go-to' short, as well. I didn't try them on but as you described, the "Race" has a slightly different material. A bit looser in how it's cut with a small ripstop type pattern. The regular Skyline is like our old favorite. IMO, I'd stick with the old school version if you like it so much because the race is not quite the same.Personally, I never buy shorts with the liners, anymore. I wear a high quality chamois short or bib short under my regular shorts because the liners are usually pretty crappy in comparison. So, maybe not definitive with my observation, there is a significant difference between the two and my vote stays with the original.