Diadora Shoes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Diadora Shoes?

mtbr member

New question here. Diadora Shoes?

I see some deals around on Diadora MTB shoes - anyone familliar with the Team Racer or Aero versions? Performance has some on sale and I was wondering if they were any good?

Feb 2006
    I'm not familiar with any of Diadora's recent offerings, but that's because my pair of Diadora Chilis from 1997 are still hanging in there, after approximately a bazillion miles. Don't buy Diadoras if you enjoy replacing your shoes very often; if mine are any indication, they'll last far longer than they'll be in style!

mtbr member
    Do you find they fit on size, big or small? I had an old pair and normally wear 11.5 and they were 46's and were big on me.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Diadora has went thru a bit of an overhaul in their designs. They are now distributed in the USA by Cannondale. Chances are if youare not buying from a Cannondale dealer...but rather an online retailer....you are not getting their latest offering. I was a Shimano shoe user for the past 5 years. This year I have switched to Diadora since our team is now sponsored by Cannondale. The Diadora's have a good fit. The most notable difference from the Shimano shoes is how the Diadora's have a more ergo fit. It's like you have custom foot beds.
    I just did a early review on my site. So far these shoes are very nice...but only time and abuse will tell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I also have a pair of Chili's, circa 2000. I love them, and will get Diadora's again.

mtbr member
    Very cool site and review. I am reviewing a previous years version of the Team MTB. Do you like the carbon or are they too stiff to walk on trail? I am not a racer, but like stiff soles.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterrider
    Very cool site and review. I am reviewing a previous years version of the Team MTB. Do you like the carbon or are they too stiff to walk on trail? I am not a racer, but like stiff soles.
    They are stiff. But, then again they are supposed to be...they are a race shoe. If you are not racing much, but want a similar fit to the high end shoe just look at the Team Racer MTB. Same as the high end shoe...just sans carbon. Should be happier on your feet.

mtbr member
    Right on - those are the shoes I'm considering. I'm ordering online and see that Cdale claims the sizing to be 45 = 11.5, but Diadoro claims 46 = 11.5. I owned a pair 5+ years ago of the cheap Diadora's and 46 was too big, but that was before they redesigned their line. Do you have a feel for sizing compared to Shimano, for example?

Sep 2005

Thanks !

Jeff - Great info.

Just pick up the one's you recomended. Fit much better then the Sidi Dom 5's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

my size 45 Diadora eq size 11.

I usually wear size 11 (sometimes 10.5) and the size 45 Diadora fits well. If you have a size 11.5 then I would think 46 is the correct size for you.
    TEX

Members who have read this thread: 0