Deviant ii full face helmet- Mtbr.com
    jt2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Deviant ii full face helmet

I'm planning on getting a new full face helmet sometime soon and was wondering if any of you has one of these?
    I cant seem to find any pics of it apart from the black one on the Specialized site. All the pics seem to be of the old model with this years paint job. So do any of you have any pics or knowledge of this new version?
    Also I cant seem to find the weight difference between the carbon and the composite. Anyone have any ideas if the carbon is worth the extra cash?
    Lastly do you think the changes made to this years model have improved the helmet or not.
    This helmet seems to fit the bill for my kind of riding as its light weight and has plenty of ventilation. I don't do full on downhill racing but the kind of trails I ride are pretty steep (think Welsh valleys and trail centre black runs). More "all mountain" kind of thing I suppose.
    Anyway having seen my mate loose a couple of teeth on such a trail not long ago I kind of have the fear now. So a full face helmet is kind of top of my things to buy list.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

JT

Pimp
    Just picked one of these up a few days ago. Haven't been able to ride with it just yet due to the weather, but I can't wait. It fits really well and seems like it will be a great full face for the summer time. It is pretty light, I can't imagine how much lighter the carbon one would be! Click the photo below and there are a few more pictures to look at. Hope this helps!

I love cookies!!!

mtbr member
    Ive got the white 2010 version after an big off at Whinlatter when my noseI came about 1" from a rock.
    Rode the Dragons Back (Coed y Brenin) in it on Friday. 24deg C and it was fine.
    Its a bit warm around the cheecks due to the padding but gives you a lot more security when on the trail so you tend to push it a bit harder/faster.
    Havent bought goggles yet but there on the list.

mtbr member

DSG
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've been using an original version Carbon Deviant since it was released and I'm very happy with it. My medium weighs 858 grams without the visor (according to the box).

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just bought the same one as Slobbery Beast, but haven't gotten to ride with it yet. Fits well, and feels like it'll be cooler than my Giro Remedy. Here's a few pics...

Once I actually get to ride with it, i'll be sure to post my thoughts...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    nice how much this ?

Members who have read this thread: 0