Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one- Mtbr.com
    The Other Dude

Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one

My Deviant 2 helmet just came in today. I like it much better than the older deviant design. It has full moto-style padding, and no more xc style head lock in it. The padding is comfortable, and my small size helmet weighed in at 1012g for the Composite version. It looks very ventilated compared to my TLD D2 lid. The helmet looks and feels a bit more solid than the previous Deviant. It also has a nice solid 3 point mounted adjustable visor like the TLD. Finish on it was pretty good, only one little spot under the visor that was thin on the paint, and just a bit of excess glue coming out of the visor screw mounts, but nothing that can be noticed when the helmet is on you, let around when you are riding it. I am going to run my D2 and this Helmet this year and see what I think. The D2 has a bit plusher padding, but the Deviant seams to have a thicker layer of the impact absorbing solid foam inside of it. Just by the looks of it, on the hotter days, i will be grabbing the Deviant for sure.

Here are some pictures for you guys to check out:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one-pc190861.jpg  

Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one-pc190862.jpg  

Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one-pc190863.jpg  

Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one-pc190864.jpg  

Deviant 2 Helmet....just got one-pc190865.jpg  

Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    nice, how much does it cost?
    RH SL Pro

The Other Dude
    $139 for the composite version that i got, and they do make a carbon version that runs $350. Oh yeah, and the helmet did come with a sweet carry bag.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pics...I've been thinking of picking up one of these. Anyone know the weight of the carbon version?

Calm Like a Bomb
    As Jut8 pointed out, looks like they added a bit more padding in general but most importantly to the top of the head. I had a Deviant a while back and I found it the most uncomfortable on the top of the head. It also looks like they got rid of the retention system in the back as well. Good move as it was finicky at times. The old version also sat crooked on my head, as well as a few other people I talked to. This one looks to be a pretty decent improvement over the older version though.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

mtbr member
    Anybody has replaced the pads with new ones? the ones in the cheek are easy but how about the ones on top and back of the head?

Members who have read this thread: 0