decent spd shoes for $50-60- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

decent spd shoes for $50-60

Ive only used clippin's on my road bike and vans/platforms on my mtb. My raod shoes are a pita to walk in but work great on the bike, is there a good balance between walkability and stiff riding shoes for mtb around $50?

thanks
    wayne
    t

Fragile - must be Italian

Shimano M-035's

Quote Originally Posted by wayneosdias
    Ive only used clippin's on my road bike and vans/platforms on my mtb. My raod shoes are a pita to walk in but work great on the bike, is there a good balance between walkability and stiff riding shoes for mtb around $50?

thanks
    wayne
    t
    I have a pair of Shimano M-035's and I absolutely love 'em. These are the lace-ups with the velcro strap at the top.

I believe the "current" model is the Shimano M-038. My shoes are 7 years old and still going strong. They are incredibly comfortable, reasonably stiff, and damn easy to walk on. Plus, they have rubber soles so it is VERY easy to walk up steep rocky sections of the trail without worrying about falling on your arse.

These shoes are my "do-everything" shoes, from joy-riding on the weekends to 24-hour races to MBAA events.

I'm sure people will tell me how much more pedaling efficiency I can gain with a "true" racing shoe such as a SIDI...but you know what? I don't care. My feet are perfectly happy with these shoes. In my last MBAA race I left many of those SIDI-wearing guys in the dust, so it can't be my shoes holding me back

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Check out sierratradingpost.com

they always have lots of good deals!

Jan 2004

diadora chilli's

I bought my self a pair of diadora chilli's that were on sale for $49 US on nashbar.com. Since gone up ot $65US. Converted to CDN $$ and shipped I bought them for far less then a lower end show in a LBS here. Just check out some of the larger online retailers and I am more then sure you will find some deals. I have always taken size 10 shoe, and figured I would hope to get lucky buying shoes online and it worked. Shoes fit perfect, and are very comforatable to wear and walkin.

mtbr member
    thanks guys, whats the conversion from UK to US?

Jan 2004

conversion

Quote Originally Posted by wayneosdias
    thanks guys, whats the conversion from UK to US?

Hey man, I use http://www.xe.com/ucc to figure out money differences when needed.

I love Pisgah
    Sales man...sales. Got a pair of Shimano 152s for $49 (retail $120)from Nashbar recently. Some Sidi 1st generation Storms for $50(heheheh) lately as well, but that was a product of an LBS buyout. I don't pay retail for nothing..if possible that is.

If you see the sale stuff like Nashbar, ya gotta be quick cause the most common sizes go quick.

mtbr member
    thnaks guys
    I just ordered some dolmante II's, for the the conversion I menat Uk to US shoe sizing, it doesnt seam to corralate to metric and standard? I just looked intto a couple of my sneakers and came up w/ 43euro