Damn good XC shorts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Damn good XC shorts?

Looking for a new pair of quality XC baggy shorts. If someone more knowledgable than I on the subject can wade through the myriad of ever-changing XC options and make a couple of good recommendations.

I have a few pair of Pearl Izumi liners, so a 2-peice short would be preferable. Ideal pair would be mid-weight, very breathable, very durable, well-fitting with no bells or whistles.

Heard good things about the Specialized Atlas and Pearl Izumi Divide shorts. Others? I'd spend $100-120 for damn good pair of XC shorts

Thanks!

Rollin' a fatty
    Have you checked out Endura, got a pair is they work really well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'm partial to pearl Izumi just cause they fit me awesome, and are built pretty well.

Their canyon shorts are a great light weight, no bells or whistles. I have a few different lines of their baggies (not divides though) and even though some are more expensive, I reach for my canyon shorts on most hot days.

Bonus... Last years model, the ones I own, can be had for beans right now...

Bannėd
    I have been wearing dirtbaggies for 2 years now and love them. They are a bit over your stated budget but after well over 100 rides (and wash cycles) in just one pair they are still going strong. They use a roadie type bib and a baggy shell that snaps to the bib. The price was a bit hard to swallow at first but my other shorts get used only when these are dirty and I'll be buying another pair soon.

DirtBaggies - The most comfortable mountain bike shorts you'll ever wear.

One thing I suggest with any riding (sports) clothes is to use a detergent like Planet which will not ruin wicking properties and is easier on the materials. I bought 4 boxes on Amazon that have lasted me a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    That's more than Catfish would do.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The Yeti Tellers are pretty awesome. They don't come with a liner, so you're not wasting money on a crappy liner, which is nice. I wear them over any bib short, and they're great. Nice adjustment to stay put. Breathable. Great XC short. You can sometimes find them on sale on backcountry in last year's colors if you're looking at the right time of year.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

meh
    Got some One Industry Ion's off sierra trading post discounted to about 30 bucks, use them with my PI bib liners (also from STP for about 20 bucks). Dont think either are available currently on STP, but they are a kickass combo.