D3 Helmets are available!- Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Just got mine in the mail today. These things are sick in person if you haven't seen one yet.

UNDEAD
    Mine arrives today (sorry but from Troy Lee)
    Pre-ordered in August

Can't wait!
    Same Sam Hill version too

Nice!

mtbr member
    It is beautiful in person. I must say.

Cant wait to ride with it and compare movement to my D2 with my Leatt on. I have a feeling I am going to be pumped. =]

UNDEAD
    Do you have a pic of the carrying case it comes with?

couple more hours for me....

mtbr member
    I don't, but I will be writing a full review and I will be sure to include that when I get home or early tomorrow.

The bag is nice. It zips all the way down on one side. White soft interior and black bag.

Another cool thing about the helmet on the safety front, both of the visors it comes with have ID/Medical information stickers on them. Also the emergency cheek pad removal is very cool feature.

I also only quickly looked at the space inside the helmet to hold headphones. Pretty cool idea.

mtbr member
    Alright I don't have much time to do a write up right now, but I wanted to get the photo comparison of the D2 vs. D3 up with the Leatt.

Right side:

Fox goggle fit:

Headphone slot:

Medical information on visor (this is on both visors that come with the helmet):

Sam Hill:

The bag:

UNDEAD
    Thanks for the pics, looks rad
    Enjoy it!

Mine did not show up at the shop yesterday, bummed
    Hopefully today
    goin nuts here...

mtbr member
    Hopefully it shows up soon.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

banned
    $450 for a helmet! Wow, that is some coin... Are the D3's like those limited edition Nike shoes or something...when they're gone, they are gone?

mtbr member
    Nah, its more like get one before this first wave is sold out.

Kind of like trying to buy a video game system when they first come out. =]

banned
    got it, thanks...

Takin'er easy
    We got our first shipment in late last night, and shipped out over half of that order today. Of course, before that we all had to try on the new digs. I never owned a D2, but now I have to save some coin for the D3. I always liked the Giro helmets well enough to stick with them over the D2, but the D3 is just incredible.

We still have a limited supply of helmets, and will getting a few more later this week.

Check it:

http://www.go-ride.com/CategoryProdu...+RIDER:HELMETS

e-mail with Q's if need be.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Does it feel more comfortable than D2? That bag doesn't look nice as the one that came with D2.

PS Thanks for the great pix.

mtbr member
    WAY more comfortable than the D2.

The bag is pretty nice. It has a nice plush interior. I don't know if it is as stiff as the D2's bag? not sure. I have only seen the D2 bag once before. My D2 didn't come with one.

mtbr member
    more comfortable in what way? have they just changed the overall inside shape? more padding? surely you can't feel the effect of the better vents when you just try it on

but it definitely looks sweet :-) and i like how they changed the sizing to be more specific.
    i'll probably have to pick one up once i've got my new steed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coldawg
    more comfortable in what way? have they just changed the overall inside shape? more padding? surely you can't feel the effect of the better vents when you just try it on

but it definitely looks sweet :-) and i like how they changed the sizing to be more specific.
    i'll probably have to pick one up once i've got my new steed
    The padding on the inside is a lot different, the material on the strap is different, etc. It doesn't feel like a D2. Thats for sure. Like I said, a lot more comfortable.

I can't say I have felt the difference with the venting yet because I haven't ridden with it yet, but I will be sure to post up my post ride first impressions.

UNDEAD
    ok here are some pics of mine, really impressive lid!
    Fit, finish and graphics are spot on and tight. The lines are what sold me, hard to see in pics but as mentioned before the helmet in person is really amazing.
    Curious what the Peaty version looks like in person.

mtbr member
    First ride impressions:

I totally dig it. It feels a lot safer and comfy than the D2. And I really noticed all the new venting once I started descending down the hill. WAY more air flow than the D2. I noticed a little better peripheral vision with the D3 compared to the D2 too. The extra room for the Leatt is CRAZY nice. It really seemed like I wasn't even wearing it with the free range of movement I have now. My goggles fit in the opening great (Fox MX goggles).

Over all, a VERY nice upgrade from the D2 and well worth the money for the gain in movement while wearing the Leatt.

Again, if anyone has any questions just let me know and I would be happy to try and answer them for you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshed
    Again, if anyone has any questions just let me know and I would be happy to try and answer them for you!
    My only question is how does that nice mustache fit in the D3 compared to the D2? Does the new padding act like the opposite side of velcro to your stylish 'stache?

mtbr member
    It fits snug, but my mustache has never felt so safe. Also the new ventilation in the front of the helmet helps keep it nice and cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0