Cycling shoes in the office- Mtbr.com
    TXAG
    Oct 2005

Cycling shoes in the office

Well I must have stepped in something taking the dogs out this morning and I didn't realize it until I was sitting at my desk this morning. Had a nice aroma coming from my right foot! No fear, a quick run down to the truck and I'm sporting my SPD shoes around the office today. Anyone ever had to do this?

At least today is jeans day so they don't look tooooo out of place.

Sep 2005
    It sure would be a little awkward walking around in those all day...

Get Down Do you
    They might look ok but everyone is going to wonder who let the tap dancer into the office.

*click click click click click click click click *
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

mtbr member

No, but.....

I've been sh!t on by pigeons. Oh how that can tint a white dress shirt.

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggsly
    They might look ok but everyone is going to wonder who let the tap dancer into the office.

*click click click click click click click click *
    Carpet is a wonderful thing my friend!

Trail Sanitizer
    This past fall I commuted into work and forgot my dress socks. I wore blacke PI Attack socks that day with my work attire. Nobody noticed.

Jul 2005
    I wear mine all the time to morning PT, and a lot of the time when I'm just running down to the PX/Commissary or post-office. My Diadora shoes aren't very flashy, and look rather like a pair of brown & black low-top hiking shoes.

There have been a few NCO's that've noticed my cleats when we're doing flutterkicks or push-ups, and tried to give me static about not wearing regulation running shoes.... But that's when I whip out my trusty little medical profile and tell 'em to take it up with my doc, who happens to be a major.
    Yep, I got myself a permanent non-running ticket in the Army... My alternate event is.....

Ta-Dum! Bicycle!

So yeah, I can wear my cycling shoes to work.

jrm
    mtbr member

It was a monday..

and i for got my shoes in my commute pack. So about 10 am my boss asked me to sit in on a meeting. I went, and tried my darnest to hide my dirty shoes under the table so, hopefully no one noticed. They may have noticed but no one said anything.

mtbr member

yeah...but not all day

Quote Originally Posted by LukeTX04
    Well I must have stepped in something taking the dogs out this morning and I didn't realize it until I was sitting at my desk this morning. Had a nice aroma coming from my right foot! No fear, a quick run down to the truck and I'm sporting my SPD shoes around the office today. Anyone ever had to do this?

Haha, that's funny. When I get to work, I change in our fitness center locker room and then wear my shoes up to my desk, where I keep regular shoes and then swtich. One day I was just so out of it that I didn't realize I had them on until I transitioned from carpet to hard surface and was like, "what the heck..."

Your Customer Sales Rep
    I keep a pair of shoes at the office, they're too heavy to shuttle back and forth from work. D.
    You be you. I'll be riding.

Feb 2004
    "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? "

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? "

Great Movie!
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

ss poser
    i had to wear my cycling shoes to at work one day when i rode in unprepared (took the vehicle to the shop that morning). i was fine until leaving that afternoon & while walking down the concrete stairs i slipped from the metal cleats & landed smack on my back. the nice man who witnessed my fall helped me up!
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

__________________________________________________ ____________
    You may try tap dancing on it too!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I had to wear my lake 5050's to school once, but that really isn't bad. They look like normal shoes, but I had to take the cleats out so I don't feel like a tap dancer.

mtbr member
    Lots of people wear bike shoes at my job.... but I work at a bike shop.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

not had to do that, but.....

i change into my scrubs and shoes there, after riding . when i first walk in though, the cleats are making a huge racket on the hard floors. i've inadvertantly fooled guys in the place into thinking some chick was coming down the hall in heels with that noise. they sort of get a little crestfallen look on their faces when they realize it's just some wacko biker in weird shoes.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Members who have read this thread: 0