• 06-12-2008
    kitsapfreerider
    Cutting my hair to make my helmet fit better???
    Hey everyone i just got my 661 flight today and its a large and a little tight, my hair is about 3.5 inches long in the front and a little shorter in the back. Would cutting my hair down to 1 inch in the front and a half in the back fix the helmet being tight??
  • 06-12-2008
    mild beast
    w

t

f
  • 06-12-2008
    kitsapfreerider
    i just spent 180 on the helmet and it would cost another 40 to get a extra large, would cutting my hair fix the size issue
  • 06-12-2008
    tacubaya
    New helmets always feel very tight... you can wash the liner or use it for a while and it will make it feel better.

No, cutting your hair won't do that much difference.
  • 06-12-2008
    Mwehahaha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tacubaya
    No, cutting your hair won't do that much difference.

Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.
  • 06-12-2008
    tacubaya
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwehahaha
    Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.

1 inch of hair wont do any difference.
  • 06-12-2008
    Mwehahaha
    Quote:

1 inch of hair wont do any difference.

It could... but as I said he would probably need to buzz it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 06-12-2008
    tacubaya
    Hmmm... at least you are not wearing lycras in the pic. It would have been very ghay...

Btw. The girl looks hot.
  • 06-12-2008
    Mwehahaha
    Quote:

Hmmm... at least you are not wearing lycras in the pic. It would have been very ghay...

Btw. The girl looks hot.

Ha, yeah my coach told us that we were all supposed too... hehehe and she is.
  • 06-12-2008
    ryan_daugherty
    dude, if you hair is thick it makes a HUGE difference. for the winter I usually have long hair and then cut it for the summer. However one year i didn't and my helmet didn't get close to fitting.. I cut it and it was moderately loose.

try helmets one before you buy is my best advice.
  • 06-12-2008
    man w/ one hand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwehahaha

I agree, when it gets close to gettin' my hair cut, my helmets gets tight and won't fit right. Get it cut and see....it's hair, it'll grow back while you've forgot about it and yer ridin' yer bike. I wouldn't cut it drastically at 1st, you can always go back and cut more off if you don't buzz it.

Funny thing, when I buzzed mine a few yrs back, it didn't help me at all w/sweating and being hot, it was the same if it was long or short.
  • 06-12-2008
    tacubaya
    I wouldn't mind riding her..... I mean.... riding with her :p
  • 06-12-2008
    SnowMongoose
    OP has a reverse mullet?
    that's pretty rad.

And yeah, even if you dont have 'that much' hair, a trim can change your helmet fit quite a bit.

just say no to jailbait!
  • 06-12-2008
    tacubaya
    Buzzing it would probably do quite a difference.
  • 06-12-2008
    man w/ one hand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    dude, if you hair is thick it makes a HUGE difference. for the winter I usually have long hair and then cut it for the summer. However one year i didn't and my helmet didn't get close to fitting.. I cut it and it was moderately loose.

try helmets one before you buy is my best advice.

Chuck Norris don't try stuff on, he buys it and returns it when it don't fit.
  • 06-12-2008
    kitsapfreerider
    my hair hangs done in my eyes. its not going to be super short, or and i have really thick hair. im going to try and cut it it would take off 2.5 inches
  • 06-12-2008
    kitsapfreerider
    no my hair is just a buzz cut that grew out
  • 06-12-2008
    Mwehahaha
    Quote:

I wouldn't mind riding with her

That's if you could keep up.

Now back on topic!!! ;)
  • 06-12-2008
    horse of iron
    Dumbest Post Ever
  • 06-12-2008
    albertomannil
    Quote:

Btw. The girl looks hot.

that girl's NOT hot. That's probably because you mexicans have ugly women, so some random girl appears hot to you...:p
  • 06-12-2008
    HOFFMAN223
    Yeah, I do a little "man-scaping" to make my shorts fit better.....next question.
  • 06-12-2008
    chumbox
    1 Attachment(s)
    If you cut it like this you could sell your helmet cos you'd already have one...
  • 06-12-2008
    horse of iron
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HOFFMAN223
    Yeah, I do a little "man-scaping" to make my shorts fit better.....next question.

mAN-sCAPING BEST USE OF A HYPHEN EVAR!
  • 06-12-2008
    Madman133
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chumbox
    If you cut it like this you could sell your helmet cos you'd already have one...

yeah just put lots of gel in it before you go riding...
  • 06-12-2008
    Djponee
    now that is a light helmet right there.
  • 06-12-2008
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    keep ur hair because when you are older you might lose it.....buy a larger helmet

why does it cost 40 more to exchange it???
  • 06-12-2008
    blender
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsapfreerider
    Hey everyone i just got my 661 flight today and its a large and a little tight, my hair is about 3.5 inches long in the front and a little shorter in the back. Would cutting my hair down to 1 inch in the front and a half in the back fix the helmet being tight??

when i shave my head, all my helmets fit looser..
    so yea, it'll make a big difference in fit.
  • 06-13-2008
    sodak
    Cut your damn hair,..... Hippie!

But seriously,.... I have no idea if it will work or not. I have never had long hair.
  • 06-13-2008
    doc-ock
    dude, cut your hair even if your helmet fits! that's one fugly haircut!
  • 06-13-2008
    Intenserider2
    Dude, there is an easy solution. You can keep your hair and your helmet will fit. Get a mullet! All of your hair will be intact and outside of your helmet.
  • 06-13-2008
    psycoben
    my helmet is to big since i cut my hair :(
  • 06-13-2008
    theOtherMrT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by psycoben
    my helmet is to big since i cut my hair :(

shoulda saved your old hair and taped it inside the helm to make it fit
  • 06-14-2008
    mild beast
    eewww~~ ewww!!! ewww~~~ i am jusht so *giggles* giddy with curiosity as to what you did with your flowing locks of hair!!!!11!!!!1!!! did you cut those wonderthful thiangs or what???????????? DO TELL!!! b4 and after pics would be splendid.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
    - Bruce
  • 06-14-2008
    joelalamo45
    Shave yer balls b!tch so so you can stuff your swollen ***** in your lycra. Now go on and get the fvck outta here with stupid questions like that.
  • 06-14-2008
    mild beast
    lols. balls are pre-shorn, homey. i kan pm you some pics? yes? no? ok... we'lll just leave it at that. i just .. oh my, i just gotta know how this HOLE helmet thingy wangy turns out!

i like that we're all ok with talking about these kinds of issues now .. well, you know, now that California is all cool with us marrying eachother and all. *ggiggles*.

emmm... i gottta go shave something so something else can fit in it. i just *silly* will let you go figurin' on what that is *winks* *teehee*
  • 06-14-2008
    mild beast
    p.ssssssssssssssssssssssss..joel, I'll be @ mammoth sat/sun next weekend if you wanna check out my freshly shaved sack / lycra jumpsuit.

MIDDLE FINGER ALL THE WAY UP IN THA AIR DOG!!
  • 08-04-2008
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Shave yer balls b!tch so so you can stuff your swollen ***** in your lycra. Now go on and get the fvck outta here with stupid questions like that.

my pants are a little tight...I did that and it didn't work.....but at this one bar....guys always buy me drinks if I wear my tight DH shorts
  • 08-04-2008
    Deweydude
    I'd cut my helmet to make my hair fit better.;) And have shaved the rear of a liner to make room for my ponytail knot!:thumbsup:

And Shiver, you go to the wrong bars! :nono:
  • 08-04-2008
    TLL
    Quote:

I wouldn't mind riding her..... I mean.... riding with her :p

Sorry, but that's not a girl. Crying game, anyone?

gheyest thread evar.
  • 08-04-2008
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deweydude
    I

And Shiver, you go to the wrong bars! :nono:

2 dollar specials, but for some reason there is never women in the place, the guys all look very clean cut....should I be worried????:confused: