Cracked helmet...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Cracked helmet...

Out for a ride on Saturday and managed to crack my head off a rock but luckily the helmet took the brunt of it and cracked! Have heard of helmet manufacturers doing crash replace for helmets, how do you go about doing this if it is available? Cheers for the help...

Former Bike Wrench
    I'd start by contacting the helmet manufacturer

mtbr member
    But surely this is the point of a helmet. It cracks to pevent your head from cracking, no?

I imagine this was quite a bump because i can't imagine my helmet cracking too easily.

If you think you can get it replaced however, power to you, I just don't see it.
    Not much for a man to ask I dare say.. the simple maturity to ensure a limitless supply of clean socks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Checked the MET website nad they do crash replacement helmets at a discount...
    i did hit the gound with a bit of a thud right enough!!

mtbr member
    That they should replace or give discounts to crashed helmets sounds like a good deal.

I remember hearing or reading from an official source (can't remember whether this was some cycle association or some scientific research or what) that a bicycle helmet is only good for falls from such and such a height and upto such and such speeds. Again I don't remember the exact figures but it was something like from a height of 3-4ft and upto 10-15mph.

I remember that these were the ball park figures 'cause I remember thinking, hey thats a load of rubbish protection I'm getting.
    Not much for a man to ask I dare say.. the simple maturity to ensure a limitless supply of clean socks.

Members who have read this thread: 0