A Couple Questions About Armor?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2005

A Couple Questions About Armor?

Well question 1 is what armor do you usally ride with for normal riding!

Question 2.Will this Armor make a good set http://sixsixone.com/catalog.aspx?id...1697ae&pl=BIKE
    http://sixsixone.com/catalog.aspx?id...34d1dc&pl=BIKE
    http://sixsixone.com/catalog.aspx?id...EC3BC0&pl=BIKE

Ive heard the helmet is heavy and can get slightly warm but my question is is the helmet's protection worth the heat and weight?

Question 4.If there are any better Helmets,upper body armor,Ect. than these please let me know?

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Q1 - What's normal? Anyhow, it depends on my mood but I usually wear full armour - jacket, fullface, knee/shin, goggles, full finger gloves. Sometimes I'll even don some padded shorts for more abusive rides - Bootleg Canyon or other rocky terrain.

Q2 - Check out ROCKGARDN

Q3 - Is your life worth it?? I can't say, but I'm sure your loved ones would think so, get a fullface and learn to LIVE with it. If you can't live with it, you may not without it!

Q4 - For armour, I would look at ROCKGARDN. ROCKGARDN is a small company, but their attitude is the best in the business and unlike alot of other armour mfgs. they actually spend time on useful refinements. They don't just change the colors or brand some catalog armour every year and sell it to make a buck. Helmets, I personally like the new Giro fullfaces. Azonic and Specialized have some nice helmets this year as well.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Q1 - What's normal? Anyhow, it depends on my mood but I usually wear full armour - jacket, fullface, knee/shin, goggles, full finger gloves. Sometimes I'll even don some padded shorts for more abusive rides - Bootleg Canyon or other rocky terrain.

Q2 - Check out ROCKGARDN

Q3 - Is your life worth it?? I can't say, but I'm sure your loved ones would think so, get a fullface and learn to LIVE with it. If you can't live with it, you may not without it!

Q4 - For armour, I would look at ROCKGARDN. ROCKGARDN is a small company, but their attitude is the best in the business and unlike alot of other armour mfgs. they actually spend time on useful refinements. They don't just change the colors or brand some catalog armour every year and sell it to make a buck. Helmets, I personally like the new Giro fullfaces. Azonic and Specialized have some nice helmets this year as well.
    ill have to look into ROCKGARDN but as for the helmet im going to use a FF (i like my teeth and jaw) i just wondered if the helmet i posted is good!

Edit-Wow that ROCKGARDN is some nice stuff but for the price im paying(sponsered) for 661 im not sure if the ROCKGARDN stuff is worth it....By this i mean is the ROCKGARDN stuff just more comfortable or completely better armor?
    Last edited by free-rider_down-hiller; 12-30-2005 at 03:43 AM.

Freeriding Feline

661 Pads

I have the launch suit and the 4X leg guards. Both are quality, well priced, but a little hot. I bought the veggie knee/elbow guards for snowboarding.
    Don't know much about that helmet but I just got a CF Full Bravo (2005) on sale and it's great.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    By this i mean is the ROCKGARDN stuff just more comfortable or completely better armor?
    Both and more. Fitment, Quality and customer service are what seperate ROCKGARDN for 66*.

As for the helmet, since it's Snell and DOT cert. I'd have to say it's probably good, as long as it fits you. However the price seems high # $375. For that price, you could get a Troy Lee. I think you could def. find a cheaper alternative that meets the same criteria, have a look at some of the O'neal helmets.

Glad to Be Alive
    the helmet is real nice...personally I like the raceface/roach DH pads...they are cooler and don't fall down off your knees when you crash (saves the scuffs ups)

as for body armour.....I love the Azonic Z-6....stretching material, very cool (a lot of ventilation)...it is the same as a dainasee but 100's cheaper...just remember to buy one size down because they run large
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Jun 2005
    Thanks for everyones help!

Members who have read this thread: 0