Coolest Body Suit/ Armor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Coolest Body Suit/ Armor

Hey Im looking for the coolest (temperature), most comfortable upper body suit. I've got 4 in mind. They're all about the same price, which is good. I dont have more to spend.

661 SP-2
    Troy Lee Designs Descender Protector
    Rockgardn Flak Jacket
    Fox Launch

So ya, the coolest out of those.

Also, which knee/shin pads? Cool and Comfortable would be nice

Troy Lee Designs Combat
    Fox Launch
    Roach Rally FR
    Roach Rally DH

Thanks

Glad to Be Alive
    azonic Z-6 is really cool...Summer times I ride in 100 degree temps

i Like the roach DH because I like the mesh on the back calf....helps against pedal bites
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 04-14-2007 at 01:31 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Jan 2007
    No experience with any of those suits. I use a pressure suit and like it till I can afford Dainese.

As far as knee/shin pads. I think the Combat kicks @ss on everything else out there. They are super cool and comfy and don't move at all.

BTW: Where I live it gets above 100 in the summer all the time and we have the highest annual rainfall in the country so our humidity stays above 50% a lot of the time. there are lots of 90% humidity days.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    the rockgarden is all mesh its pretty cool for the most part.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphoid
    the rockgarden is all mesh its pretty cool for the most part.
    Yea, the rockgardn looked to be the coolest to me from the pictures, but pictures can be deceiving. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Jan 2007
    I have a riding buddy that just got the Rockgarden. It is pretty sweet looking. It fits him really well and has tons of mesh. From his limited experience it is very cool and comfy.

mtbr member
    Sweet. The only think i was kinda skeptical about the rockgardn was the lower arm section. i've seen pics that make it look like that part wouldnt stay in place very well. has your friend had any problems?

Jan 2007
    Nope. Not that he's mentioned to me. I'll ask him about that specifically tomorrow.

mtbr member
    sweet, that sounds great. thanks alot

mtbr member
    I'm still hoping that there will be some armor developed with this stuff...
    http://www.d3o.com

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    http://www.d3o.com
    wow... that **** is [email protected]!!!

N* Bomber Crew
    My 661 Pressure suit did a pretty good job of keeping me cool.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Another vote for the Rockgardn; I rode/raced in it all last season and it has some serious ventilation (all mesh except for pads). If you are moving it breaths really well, and stays in place and protects when needed. I took a couple of pretty good diggers last season and the suit did its job great. The lower arm protection works great. In fact, I have detached them and used separately as well when I forgot my elbow/forearm pads.

Still a child inside...

Yea, but it'll cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Jan 2007
    I talked to my riding buddy today about his Rockgarden suit. He's really pleased with it so far. He wore it for a few hours today and said it didn't move a bit. As far as being cool: It was really windy today in the high 60s. He said when a breeze blew that he got kind of cold. We can't speak to long-term durability yet but it looks the part. All the fasteners are very high quality and overall the construction looks top-notch. It's pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Here's another alternative. https://www.skeletools.com/torso.html I just picked one up from Nathan off Ebay because this appears to be of the few ones with Collar Bone protection. This will make it a bit warmer I presume since quite a bit of heat escapes around the neck and shoulder area. But, I don't want to break a collar bone either! Also it protects the lower rib area pretty well too. The back is not the hard articulated plastic like most but does have good pads though. I've got one ride on it and it was pretty cool although it's my first armor suit so it's hard to have something to compare it to. It's got a double sided zipper which is nice. It's also very light for free ride and weighs about half as much as the Fox Launch Suit. But it doesn't have the full arms either. I think it compares a bit more to the 661 Jacket really and has the shoulder pads which are plastic and that's exactly what I wanted. I emailed mtbr.com to have them put it up for review because I think this is a nice alternative to some of the bigger guys and has some unique features.

Feb 2007
    I got the 07 Mace swat short sleeve recently. Not sure about the warm weather performance, but it fits great. Very comfy.

mtbr member
    thanks for all the comments. i think I'll try for rockgardn as my first choice. as for the knee pads, i'm not sure yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0