Cool weather gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Cool weather gloves

What do folks use for gloves when the temps get cooler? I've been using Pearl Izumi full fingered Gel -Lite gloves during the summer. However the sides are an open mesh & I was thinking of getting a pair that offered some more protection.

I have seen some cold weather gloves, but they don't have any palm padding. Any suggestions?
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    What do folks use for gloves when the temps get cooler? I've been using Pearl Izumi full fingered Gel -Lite gloves during the summer. However the sides are an open mesh & I was thinking of getting a pair that offered some more protection.

I have seen some cold weather gloves, but they don't have any palm padding. Any suggestions?
    How about Goretex shell gloves?

I've never used those ones, but I've seen them around... use your normal gloves underneath.

I use neoprene paddling gloves with 3mm backs with 2.5mm palms - cost under $20...

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

NormalNorm

Neoprene gloves

Quote Originally Posted by airman

I've never used those ones, but I've seen them around... use your normal gloves underneath.

I use neoprene paddling gloves with 3mm backs with 2.5mm palms - cost under $20...

Cheers

Where did you buy the neoprene gloves?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airman

Cheers
    Or simply use thin liner gloves (10-15 bucks or so) underneath your regular gloves. Works for me, for temperatures down to -5 or so. Anything colder though and it takes 15-20 minutes for your fingers to warm up as you ride. You need some room in your gloves for sure though, if they're very tight to begin with, it won't work, or your fingers will get cold fast.

I haven't tried any real cold weather specific gloves yet, maybe this winter.

Arek

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Where did you buy the neoprene gloves?
    See here:

Neoprene gloves

These are the ones I have...

$5 to join MEC... Free shipping right now I think, or go to the store on King St.

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

mtbr member

try

marks work warehouse, 22 for the cheeper models of insulated working gloves and 39 for the higher end stuff
    STEVE
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

Sep 2005
    I use a pair of XC Ski gloves, nice leather exterior, enough padding in the insulation, but not too bulky. Mine came from Winners, but are REI brand. I also just bought RaceFace Aquanot gloves for $20 at spokes'n'slopes, also very nice warm gloves, but a little bulkier than the XC ski gloves. I've tried the neoprene gloves and find that my hands get really wet and sweatty because they don't breathe. This also causes them to stink pretty badly after a few rides.

Members who have read this thread: 0