Commuters...how do you get clothing to work?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Commuters...how do you get clothing to work?

How do you get your clothes to work? Do you ride in them? I just got this bag...

http://www.twowheelgear.com

I just used it for the first time today, I'm not totally impressed, but I'll give it more time. What do all of you do?

Thank you for your time.

Chris

Candlestick Maker

panniers

Quote Originally Posted by ctxcrossx
    How do you get your clothes to work? Do you ride in them? I just got this bag...

I just used it for the first time today, I'm not totally impressed, but I'll give it more time. What do all of you do?

Thank you for your time.

Chris
    I did about 1100 miles of bike commuting last year and found that panniers
    were the best setup for me. But, I was wearing business casual type clothes
    (dockers, collared shirt). I rolled the clothes and that kept them fairly wrinkle free.
    For more formal attire, I have no experience. With panniers. My back stays dry,
    the bike maneuvers well, etc.

For a medium length trip where I'd sweat enough to take a shower,
    I'd be tempted to go with a messenger bag or something like that.

For a short commute where I could avoid sweating, getting muddy, etc I'd wear
    my clothes.

baker

semi-evolved simian

Thank you for your time.

Chris
    Rack and panniers in the winter. Rack-top bag (or a backpack if I'm riding the bike without a rack) in the summer when I don't need to haul around rain gear etc.. I leave a pair of shoes at work so I don't to carry those with me all the time. I sweat WAY to much to wear my work clothes on the bike

That bag you linked to looks super useful if ya gotta dress smart at work. Fortunately for me I don't have to

Dec 2003

Thank you for your time.

Chris
    Back when I had a REAL commute (I just pedal a few blocks from a parking garage now ), I kept my work clothes at work - had the shirts laundered at a local dry cleaner (and the suits dry cleaned as needed).

Of course, I had access to a place to store all those clothes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Since it's cool in the morning and my ride to work is mostly downhill I wear my work clothes and a helmet. I carry my gear and lunch in a backpack. I switch to the riding gear for the ride home. I've got a gym at work too so I generally have extra t-shirts, shorts and socks at my desk. My commute isn't that long so I don't really need too much cargo room.

Fat Boy Deluxe
    My commute is only about 45 minutes so I just use a messenger bag to hold all my stuff. I went with a Chrome and it's easy to use and big enough to hold most anything.

DT

Thank you for your time.

Chris

beer *****es n' bikes
    I got a Camelback Rimrunner so I can fold up my clothes neatly, and hold 100oz of water for hot commutes. Works pretty well, but I dont have to look all that great for work.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

PKG

Feb 2004
    Fortunately, I have showers at work, so I just drive a week's worth of clothes and keep all the toiletries there. Between weather, meetings, and other schedule irregularities, I'm usually driving at least one day, so I use that day to take home accumulated clothes, etc.

jrm
    mtbr member

Pac kit

Thank you for your time.

Chris
    Roll pants, shirt,tie, underroos, and socks. Insert shoes on the sides of the roll. other junk goes in side pockets. And i can still shove a sixer in there.

Feb 2004

Change jobs

Go to work at a nudist colony.

ol'guy who says hi &waves

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by PKG
    Fortunately, I have showers at work, so I just drive a week's worth of clothes and keep all the toiletries there. Between weather, meetings, and other schedule irregularities, I'm usually driving at least one day, so I use that day to take home accumulated clothes, etc.
    It's 35 miles one way for me. Stash extra clothes and toiletries at work. Usual family stuff only allows once a week commute at best. Love those colorful sunrises from the seat of a bike.

mtn biker in a city
    Feb 2004

i drive a day

i get a friend to car pool with me on mondays, i take a weeks worth of clothes to work and ride the rest of the week

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty

It's a european mens carryall, dammit! :p

I'm pretty much a bring 'em when you need 'em kind of guy - i just place the days work clothes in my messenger bag and pedal my but over that hill on my hour long commute to work. Like the other guy, i just leave a pair of shoes at work, and call it good. I've been doing this almost every day for the past 4 years. I'm not an uptight dresser, though, and don't care if i have a few wrinkles.

I might try panniers some day, though... I just like the versatility of my messenger bag (fits so much stuff when grocery shopping, etc.) - it's basically my man purse.

-Damon