Commuter Clothing Questions- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

Commuter Clothing Questions

Does anybody have any recommendations on a Jacket that would be ideal for commuting cool summer/fall Michigan mornings that's sub $50.

I just started riding 26 miles round trip 2-3 days a week and am loving it. It's just a little cold with that morning ride, and I want to make sure that I'm noticable so I'm looking for a bright color, or reflective. Thanks in advance.

Dinner for wolves
    Anything that blocks wind, that is not too tight fitting, and that can be zipped/unzipped to regulate temperature should do. I have (ab)used a Patagonia anorak for maybe 8 years as an outer shell. I commute four seasons with it and we have sort of an understanding. In the winter I just resign myself to being chilly for a few blocks until I warm up enough to start sweating. Given that your ride is 23 miles, you can get a away with a light outer layer +/- long underwear/polypro undershirt. Heavy or lined outer layers will cause you to overheat more often than not.
    Last edited by buddhak; 07-15-2008 at 08:52 AM.

LCI #1853
    Depending on just how cold it really is (this is Arkansas, after all...) I use a light Pearl Izumi windbreaker in hi-vis yellow; when it's cold and/or damp, I use one of the Performance Illuminite Commuter Jackets, They've done good service for me for about two years...

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0