Comfy shorts recommendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Comfy shorts recommendation

I'm currently recovering from groin surgery to fix an injury that has had me off the bike for 3 years. Needless to say, I'm ready to ride again!!

I will be easing back into the saddle a little bit at a time and I'm looking for a real cushy pair of shorts to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Anybody have any suggestions? I've used Pearl Izumi in the past, but I'm really looking for the most comfortable i can get. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    These were highly suggested and BIBs especially as they don't shift as much
    Performance Ultra Bib Shorts

"Cushy" is a subjective term, but too much AND too little padding is uncomfortable

I wear them under regular clothes.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    For the price I found these shorts and chamois to be very comfortable and adaptable. You can cut the liner out and use it other shorts as well. My most comfortable shorts are made by VSI Products (T.H.E Industries). Reasonably priced as well. The material is thin and flexible.

Novara Exposure Double Bike Shorts - Men's - REI.comg

https://vsiproducts.com/collections/...2-baggy-shorts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjbrad View Post
    I'm currently recovering from groin surgery to fix an injury that has had me off the bike for 3 years. Needless to say, I'm ready to ride again!!

I will be easing back into the saddle a little bit at a time and I'm looking for a real cushy pair of shorts to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Anybody have any suggestions? I've used Pearl Izumi in the past, but I'm really looking for the most comfortable i can get. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    My opinion, purchase some higher end lycra road bibs to wear under your baggies. If this is too warm/expensive, Pearl actually has a mesh liner bib with their high end chamois that go for around $100.

since 4/10/2009
    Do not be afraid to spend a good bit of money on something that's comfortable.

I really like Sugoi fabrics and chamois. And yeah, consider bibs, because their design keeps everything in place better, and that can be a big factor in comfort, too.

mtbr member
    Fox Ultra attack shorts with the liner. The liner is comfy and gives decent compression. The shorts handle moisture really well. Stretch as needed. no chafing on 40+m rides. I've never torn a pair either. You can find them on sale for $65-70.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkat273 View Post
    My opinion, purchase some higher end lycra road bibs to wear under your baggies. If this is too warm/expensive, Pearl actually has a mesh liner bib with their high end chamois that go for around $100.
    This, except I don't have the bibs, just regular short/chamois. If my groin is struggling, I ride with my pearl izumi attack chamois under my regular mtn bike shorts instead of the liner it came with. Super comfortable.