Coleman 115 Lumen helmet Light for $25- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Coleman 115 Lumen helmet Light for $25

I saw it at Walmart. Without being sarcastic, Why should I spend more for a helmet light when I'm only riding 4-6hrs in the woods at night? It has one white LED, two red, and operates on three AAA. It has a high/low beam intensity.

mtbr member
    I have that light and it is ok for use around the house, but I wouldn't want to use it on my bike. The weather proofing is non-existent, and it has a narrow spot with some flood that isn't very bright. There is no comparison with this light to the output of a Magicshine 900 and I won't even comment on how it compares to my Lupines. You say you are only riding 4-6 hours in the woods at night, but that actually is a long time to be night riding in the woods. I guess if you had another brighter light to use with the Coleman you might be able to get by, but I would recommend something a lot brighter and something that could survive rain.

Its got what plants crave
    25 dollars is really not that much of a deal for 115 lumens. You could do better with a flashlight from Dealextreme. Even the Duracell ones you can get at Walmart for about 30 bucks are 200 lumens.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Members who have read this thread: 0