Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

cold weather bike apparel?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  EddieSmirckx 
#1 ·
Hi, what's your goto cold weather bike apparel? I'm interested in doing some winter riding which I haven't really done before. I'm sure some of the riders on this forum have winter riding apparel mastered. Looking for suggestions.

#6 ·
I honestly can't say enough good things about Pearl Izumi's WxB Line. I have a WxB Gloves and jacket, and they're absolutely indispensable.

When it gets wet, my go to is Showers Pass gear. I have their Refuge Jacket and pants. Holy hell what a difference in comfort it makes. I stay perfectly dry, and warm into the upper 30's no problem. Of course layer properly, and avoid cotton like the bubonic plague.

#8 ·
For me, the big deal is keeping my head and neck warm and the rest of my body dry. As long as I do that, warmth isn't a problem. I use an OR Ninjaclava for head/neck, an Endura shell, Endura MT500 waterproof pants with a fleece layer under both, and Brooks Adrenaline GTX Gore Tex running shoes with wool socks. This combo works for me in the 10-15 farenheit snow and slush we have around where I live, and I'm pretty skinny (5'10"/120 lb).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.