clyds clothing- Mtbr.com

Thread: clyds clothing

Jun 2004

clyds clothing

anyone know wehre they sell cycling shorts fro waist 44-46?i cant find any shorts that are that big.help please thanks

Jun 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gelst
    anyone know wehre they sell cycling shorts fro waist 44-46?i cant find any shorts that are that big.help please thanks
    Performance (mail order or internet) has shorts up to 3X large and jersys to 3X as well.
    They are their house brand and in my experiance are well made. Some of their products are USA made as well (some are not)

May 2004
    Try www.mocean.net.
    They actually make cycling clothing for ems/police. They go as large as 5X and even custom.

Jul 2004
    Mt. Borah makes bike clothing up to 5XX. Here is the website.

http://www.mtborah.com/

mtbr member

Nashbar has big boy shorts

I think I got my shorts from Nashbar.....

I am 48" and choose the 48-50....I would go one size bigger than normal. I am glad I didn't go smaller.

Rhino

mtbr member
    I've noticed that baggy bike shorts that are 40" for example with a chamois feel more like 38", so go a bit bigger for those.

Witty McWitterson
    Mt Borah has a nice line of large clothing to fit big and really big guys(and gals for that matter). Pretty decent pricing too. I've got several jerseys and shorts and like them all. Pretty comfy.
    Just a regular guy.

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinofromWA
    I think I got my shorts from Nashbar.....

I am 48" and choose the 48-50....I would go one size bigger than normal. I am glad I didn't go smaller.

Rhino
    I recently retutned 2 pairs of nashbar 3x shorts because they were way too small. I have a 50" waist so I ordered the 3x [48-50]. Now I'm used too pouring my 50" waist into shorts that are really meant for 42-44", so I thought these should slip right on. But I darn near hurt myself trying to get these on! They were honestly probably for no more than a 40" waist and they advertised them as a 48-50. Only if you want to sing like Mariah Carey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclust
    I recently retutned 2 pairs of nashbar 3x shorts because they were way too small. I have a 50" waist so I ordered the 3x [48-50]. Now I'm used too pouring my 50" waist into shorts that are really meant for 42-44", so I thought these should slip right on. But I darn near hurt myself trying to get these on! They were honestly probably for no more than a 40" waist and they advertised them as a 48-50. Only if you want to sing like Mariah Carey.
    LMAO .

Glad I wasn't the only one. What others have you tried?

Jun 2004

Smile 3XL shorts

I wear a size L boxer but I buy XL bib shorts. I wear a 2XL TALL shirt, and 2X jerseys seem too snug. I bought a very large friend a pair of performance classic shorts in 3XL and they fit them. They are currently 2 pairs for $40 in their latest catalog. I would think someone with a 46-48 waist would be comfortable in them but a 50 waist would probably seem snug. A bonus is that their classic shorts are USA made as well.
    I have had great wear out of all the performance clothing I have bought. I would stay away from bike crashbar; I stopped buying from them in the early 90s.

mtbr member
    LOL, I think I might have ordered those same shorts. I got the Nashbar Tahoe Shorts size XL (40-42), they fit like a 34".

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Clyde Wear

Clyde wear is way to friggin hard to come by. A good general rule to go by is that even though it might be American sizing, cycling clothes typically run 1 to 2 sizes smaller than listed (sort of like Euro sizing). Mt. Borah has probably the best actual fit. Performance, if you buy 1 size bigger in shorts and 2 sizes bigger in jerseys, isn't too bad. If the waste isn't to bad, get used to the more snug fit of smaller shorts and your man area will thank you on longer rides. You can also buy smaller stuff and have it tailored at any alterations shop. I have had a few jerseys expanded a few inches by adding side panels.

Jun 2004

What about tall sizes?

Does anybody know of a retailer that sells cycling apparel, especially jerseys in tall sizes? I'm 6'5, and 205 lbs. I don't need the extra girth of an XL jersey, just more length. A size L fits my torso like a cycling jersey should, but my riding buddies are tired of riding behind me when I'm leaning over the bars in a jersey like that!

Making fat cool since '71

Maybe?

I very recently bought a pair of Performance Escalante baggies ($40) in XXL. I don't remember what they are "rated" for ass wise, but I am typically a 40 waist in most pants with thighs that push the limits of most pants not labled "baggy/loose." The Escalantes fit pretty well. The only "complaint" I would have is the only way to secure them is a drawstring. I may ask my wife to rig some belt loops on and use a web belt (?). Until now I've just used regular spandex (perl izumi micorsensor) shorts under suitable baggies. That has worked very well for a long time. The tighties are easier to find (I think) than the chamios baggies. I've never bought a cycling "jersey" however. WalMart (and other places) sell decent "hydrophobic" shirts for cheap. They are made out of the same material some of the expensive jerseys are (they have fancy names for--you guessed it: polyester or polyester+spandex). Several review places have concluded the fancy ones can have better design features (maybe) but the "wicking" action or durability of the fabrics is no better. I paid $11 each for a few t-shirts that (when I compared them at bike shops) are earily similar to the $50+ "baggie" jerseys/t-shirts many are marketing. I'll live without the fancy tag at prices like that. Good luck.

K.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydesdaleEx
    Does anybody know of a retailer that sells cycling apparel, especially jerseys in tall sizes? I'm 6'5, and 205 lbs. I don't need the extra girth of an XL jersey, just more length. A size L fits my torso like a cycling jersey should, but my riding buddies are tired of riding behind me when I'm leaning over the bars in a jersey like that!
    I don't have that problem so I can't rightly say.

If you are looking for a MTB jersey maybe a MX jersey would work. Many come long in the back to stay tucked in. You could modify it and cut the sleaves off....if you can't find anything else. If you are worried about the jersey being to hot take a look at the vented Moto gear...the breaze will blow right through you.

I am 6' tall and have a 29" inseam so I am a good bit of upper body in length but I am also fat....so I can relate to wanting the jersey to not be riding up to your rib cage.

Rhino

livin' large
    Try Mountain Equipment Co-op gear, most of my riding gear is from there. I like the wicking t-shirts for a jersey, and the under shorts under regular nylon shorts, and best of all the stuff is cheap like borsch...

linkage mec.ca

Sep 2004

Primal Wear Shorts Ebay!

I have had great luck finding good baggy shorts on Ebay. Just put in a search for primal wear xxl shorts. Got them for about half of other net retailers. I wear a 43-44 and the xxl fits great.
    As far as jerseys go I stay away from them. I am 6'4" 275lbs and none seem to fit right. It is more of a public benefit that I don't wear one. Don't want to scare any small children

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Performance.com and Primal.com

That's where most of my cycling clothing has been coming from.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me