Clyde Sized Clothing??- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Clyde Sized Clothing??

Anyone have any specific clothing retailers online that they go with? I usually am around a 4xlt in shirts. 44 in shorts......

Any suggestions?

Your bike is incorrigible
    I will only buy Hoss clothing. I'm normally between an XL and 2XL. In the Hoss Rustler jersey, I'm a Large. Plus, the thing comes way down my back so it won't ride up when I'm on the bike. I'm going to need some new baggies as well, and I'm going with the Hoss Ponderosa shorts. They've gotten excellent reviews in all the mags, they're cheap and they have big sizes.

Two places seem to have deals on Hoss: Wheelworld and Jenson. But if they don't have your size or the right color, then you can just order directly from Hoss. The difference in price is like $5, so not that big a deal.

Mar 2006
    unfortunately...

im 6'3" 310lbs sleeve size of 39" neck of 19" and need to have a tall length.

Any other suggestioins?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiMike
    unfortunately...

im 6'3" 310lbs sleeve size of 39" neck of 19" and need to have a tall length.

Any other suggestioins?
    I have a Hoss Rustler Jersy in a XL and it fits me fine. I am a XXL Tall normally (I'm around 6' 2" -3") with a 33" Inseam. I can't quite zip the neck up all the way on it but I don't really care about that.

Apr 2006
    good luck finding a top but im really loving mt borah for making 4x baggies-- ive got a 44-46 waist

Mar 2006
    where do i find mt borah?

Apr 2006

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabs
    Werd. And, for Christ's sake, run bibs or standard lycra (under board shorts if you're a homophobe). They don't make good baggies for husky lads...too much of a compromise of fit/function unless you want the world staring at your buttcrack.
    Professional Amateur

Your bike is incorrigible
    Hoss size chart for jersey:

S 44 (chest)
    M 46 (chest)
    L 48 (chest)
    XL 51 (chest)

I'm 6'2" with a 33.5" inseam, which means my torso is long, long, long. I must buy XLT in regular shirts at the mall. Every other jersey I ever tried rode up my back four inches. And then there was the Hoss Rustler jersey that comes about five inches longer than other brands. Again, to go from an XLT or XXLT to a Large that actually fit extremely well was a big surprise for me. Oh, and my neck is a 17.5, and I can zip up the jersey all the way. You might have to leave it unzipped halfway, but big deal. For $25, how can you go wrong?

mtbr member
    I was looking at the Rustler jersey on the Hoss site. I wish they had real pictures of the other colors. It looks like they all come in a three color combo, or do some come in solid colors? Does anyone own the new navy or dirt color Rustler?

Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Mudster
    I was looking at the Rustler jersey on the Hoss site. I wish they had real pictures of the other colors. It looks like they all come in a three color combo, or do some come in solid colors? Does anyone own the new navy or dirt color Rustler?
    Here's pics of Navy and Dirt Rustler:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I think that version has been discontinued, I really liked the blue though.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just picked up a work out jersey from wall mart made out of the same material as my 50.00 dollar cannondal jersey, and it only cost 10.00 for 2x. Just a thought.

Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Mudster
    I think that version has been discontinued, I really liked the blue though.
    The Navy might be out of stock, but I'm pretty sure Hoss still has the Dirt and other colors from that older style in stock. The guys at Hoss are riders, not to mention being cool people, and I'm sure a quick call to their toll free number would sort out which colors are available: 800.615.0899.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots
    The Navy might be out of stock, but I'm pretty sure Hoss still has the Dirt and other colors from that older style in stock. The guys at Hoss are riders, not to mention being cool people, and I'm sure a quick call to their toll free number would sort out which colors are available: 800.615.0899.
    Thanks, I'll look into that.

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
    pricepoint has some too.

I'm diggin the camo!

Pearl Izumi also has decent jerseys. I fit in their XXL.
    I'm 6'6", 260.

I have an Ohio State Jersy from Voler, that is cutting it close to being too short, but I couldn't pass it up.

I really wish there was a better selection. There are some really cool jersey designs out there, but for the pip-squeaks only.

the camo baggies look bad ass too!
    Last edited by eokerholm; 06-26-2006 at 08:41 PM.

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin

No good Just say no to Hoss!

Quote Originally Posted by eokerholm
    pricepoint has some too.

I'm diggin the camo!

Pearl Izumi also has decent jerseys. I fit in their XXL with no problems (loose jerseys)

FYI, I'm 6'6", 260. Normally wear a XXL shirt, and 38-40 waist (need it for the thigh room)

I have an Ohio State Jersy from Voler, that is cutting it close to being too short, but I couldn't pass it up.

I really wish there was a better selection. There are some really cool jersey designs out there, but for the pip-squeaks only.

the camo baggies look bad ass too!
    I got all excited and ordered the Hoss stuff above (got the white camo jersey and shorts).

Their XL jersey was supposed to fit chest size 51.. ..only if you don't shoulders....

The XXL shorts were close, but not much room in them.

Hoss does make a XXXL Black baggy short, but they don't have as much vents as the pearls....

Moral of the story....stick with Pearl Izumi. They've never left me down. The shorts are awesome!
    I was just hoping to get some variety in my clothing.

I'm 6'6", 260.

I really wish there was a someplace that made decent looking, bike clothes for the bigger folk.

Even custom ordering jerseys doesn't help.
    I feel like we get stuck with 3rd quality stuff like the Big & Tall crap......

I think some folks are missing out on one helluva market share....
    Last edited by eokerholm; 06-30-2006 at 07:20 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0