Clipless shoes

Printable View

• 05-19-2008
    RiceKilla
    Clipless shoes
    I was wondering where I could get some clipless shoes that don't have the soccer cleat look. Perferrably, I would like something that looks like a skater shoe, if available.

I do not dig the soccer cleat/tuxedo shoe look.

Thank you.
  • 05-19-2008
    womble
    In your local bike shop. Most brands make casual-looking bikes shoes. Best not to buy shoes online as you don't know how they will fit.
  • 05-19-2008
    Playford
    Just bought some Shimano MP66s, skate shoe looks, cleat compatible and fairly weather proof, would highly recommend them :) . I already had a pair of Shimano's so I just ordered the same size on line as the LBS did not have any in stock to try on.
  • 05-19-2008
    oldnoob
    dees?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceKilla
    I was wondering where I could get some clipless shoes that don't have the soccer cleat look. Perferrably, I would like something that looks like a skater shoe, if available.

I do not dig the soccer cleat/tuxedo shoe look.

Thank you.

• 05-19-2008
    RiceKilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Playford
    Just bought some Shimano MP66s, skate shoe looks, cleat compatible and fairly weather proof, would highly recommend them :) . I already had a pair of Shimano's so I just ordered the same size on line as the LBS did not have any in stock to try on.

Exactly what I was looking for, perfect!:thumbsup: They look sexy in all black.
  • 05-19-2008
    reactiontime89
    I picked up some Adidas El Moro about a week ago and am happy with them.

They come in about 4 different colors.
  • 05-20-2008
    sponger
    My shimano MT31's look more like a hiking shoe than a soccer cleat. But, I've noticed that they're also like the cheapest bicycle cleat at the LBS. So maybe there's something wrong with them that I don't know about.
  • 05-20-2008
    womble
    A "cleat" is actually the metal stud that attaches to the bottom of your shoe. They come with the pedals, and are not part of the shoes themselves.

There's nothing 'wrong' with MT31s. The lower end shoes tend to have more flexible soles and so don't transfer power to the pedal as efficiently, but at the same time they are easier to walk in and generally don't look as dorky.
  • 05-21-2008
    RE:Todd
    I have Lake 165's, they look like boots except the inner liner.