Clipless shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Clipless shoes

Jun 2006

Clipless shoes

I have been looking for a pair of shoes that can be multi purpose (walking/biking/hiking) while also being normal looking enough to wear around. I have found the Lake I/O shoes to look great and seem like a good option. I didnt find any reviews on the shoe but maybe someone has tried them or heard about them. Any opinions on this? I do not do any extreme hardcore biking right now but I want some extra efficency and some help staying on the pedals when I do some hops. Also if I get a pair of shoes that looks acceptable I can get real pedals that are truely clipless and not half and half. I figure if I get good clipless pedals and I end up liking these shoes I could always get a better pair of shoes as I get more serious.

Recap:
    Lake I/O Good or not?
    If not, give suggestions WITHIN MY GUIDELINES and please not your guidelines
    Guidelines Looks good and multipurpose

Pedals Need Clipless solution for low to mid price.

Jan 2004
    Impossible to give suggestions within unreasonable guidelines. Shoes that are pretty good with clipless pedals have to be fairly stiff and as such make pretty lousy hiking/walking shoes. Shimano makes some pretty good all purpose shoes, but I wouldn't want to do any real hiking in them.

It sounds like you're trying to save money by getting shoes for a number of purposes. Unfortunately what makes a shoe do really well for one activity makes it borderline suitable for another activity. The $80 shimano shoes (can't remember their designation/check out their site) do walking/biking pretty well. Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0