Clipless shoes

Printable View

• 07-16-2006
    wwing49
    Clipless shoes
    I have been looking for a pair of shoes that can be multi purpose (walking/biking/hiking) while also being normal looking enough to wear around. I have found the Lake I/O shoes to look great and seem like a good option. I didnt find any reviews on the shoe but maybe someone has tried them or heard about them. Any opinions on this? I do not do any extreme hardcore biking right now but I want some extra efficency and some help staying on the pedals when I do some hops. Also if I get a pair of shoes that looks acceptable I can get real pedals that are truely clipless and not half and half. I figure if I get good clipless pedals and I end up liking these shoes I could always get a better pair of shoes as I get more serious.

Recap:
    Lake I/O Good or not?
    If not, give suggestions WITHIN MY GUIDELINES and please not your guidelines
    Guidelines Looks good and multipurpose

Pedals Need Clipless solution for low to mid price.
  • 07-16-2006
    fred3
    Impossible to give suggestions within unreasonable guidelines. Shoes that are pretty good with clipless pedals have to be fairly stiff and as such make pretty lousy hiking/walking shoes. Shimano makes some pretty good all purpose shoes, but I wouldn't want to do any real hiking in them.

It sounds like you're trying to save money by getting shoes for a number of purposes. Unfortunately what makes a shoe do really well for one activity makes it borderline suitable for another activity. The $80 shimano shoes (can't remember their designation/check out their site) do walking/biking pretty well. Good luck.