Clipless Pedals and Shoes Which Ones?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Clipless Pedals and Shoes Which Ones?

I am looking to go clipless on my mountain bike and i was wondering which shoes and pedals are good combo to get pleas if you got any suggestions. i don't want to spend more the 110 $ on both. I was thinking getting eggbeaters but i don't know which shoes are compatible with those pedals.

Thanks any suggestion is appreciated

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Eggbeaters are ok, but I perfer the Time ATAC Alum in the lower price range, they are great in the mud. For shoes you just need to look around for somebody closing out some of last year's model, I got a pair of shimano's for about $30 at REI a couple of weeks ago, normally priced at $100. You will do fine with any of the major brands of shoes as long as they fit well, and for your price range you should be happy to get a couple of years out of a pair of shoes.
    Titus X Carbon
    Schwinn Prologue
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Orbea Lobular CX

Higher Exploration
    The eggsbeaters are compatible with just about all SPD compatible shoes. You would want a stiff sole though, as they are a small pedal. I have only tried SPD and Crankbros and I can say that the SPD has a more positive feeling engagement, and has more adjustments. The Crankbros pedals are nice and light, very simple with excellent mud clearing ability, and are well made. I was less than impressed with the release angle adjustment, though.

$0.02

Members who have read this thread: 0