Cleaning gloves?

Printable View

• 02-10-2006
    [bEn]
    Cleaning gloves?
    I was wondering how all you guys clean your gloves? I've had my gloves for nearly 6 months now and I haven't cleaned them once, maybe in some heavy rain, but not properly.

I was wondering how all you guys do it? I haven't done it before and i was wondering what you use?

Cheers.

[bEn]
  • 02-10-2006
    bike_freak
    Just throw them in the washing machine with the rest of your riding gear. If your worried about the graphics getting ruined, then turn the gloves inside out. Make sure the velcro is done up:)

I know that scary fast gloves come with a tag saying to throw them in the washing machine, as sweat can break down the fibres within the gloves...
  • 02-10-2006
    Cyco-Dude
    ditto, into the washing machine they go.
  • 02-10-2006
    Turt99
    I've had the same golves for years, they are fox gloves and they fit me perfect so I try to keep them in good shape. I've used the washing machine before (I put them in a load of jeans so that the velcro didn't ruin anything) and there was no problems at all.

But the other times I've cleaned them I've done it by hand, I just used at little of the tide powder on the the golves and rubbed them together, and just hosed them down really well.
  • 02-10-2006
    *rt*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by [bEn]
    I was wondering how all you guys clean your gloves? I've had my gloves for nearly 6 months now and I haven't cleaned them once, maybe in some heavy rain, but not properly.

I was wondering how all you guys do it? I haven't done it before and i was wondering what you use?

Cheers.

[bEn]

wash machine.....after every ride (at least mine go in after every ride). i throw mine in the dryer as well.

and when the stench gets too overpowering i recommend gasoline & a lit match. :D

rt
  • 02-10-2006
    [bEn]
    Oh thanks guys. I'll chuck em in the washing machine now! Cheers.