• 07-08-2018
    regiobike
    Chest protection options, Advice need it.
    Hi there everyone, right now im starting to ride DH and a few Enduro trails, at 41 years old lol need to protect more myself. I know accidents are not something we know in advance so trying to be ready when it happen.

Right now i have leatt knee and elbow protection, bell full face helpmet and im looking in chest option. At least right now i have been reading:

- Leatt 4.5 chest protector
    - Thor Sentinel
    - Thor Guardian mx
    - Demon Vest V2
    - Fox Proframe LC
    - Leatt 3DF Airfit

Any advice is welcome.
  • 07-08-2018
    silentG
    A couple of months ago I went chest first in to a stump next to a trail at around 15 mph. I broke my ribs in four places and it took nearly two months to completely heal.

I didn't wear a chest/rib protector before that but I sure as hell do now.

In my case this was a freak deal along the lines of 'hey, I'm coming off my bike, weird, oh snap I'm going to land on a stump....blammo'.

For my two cents you can't go wrong with a legit company that does gear like this, especially gear that is designed for moto type applications.

All of the companies on your list are really solid so I would go with what fits you the best and fits your budget the best.

For myself I don't care if some weenie gives me side eye for wearing chest and rib protection as I will take side eye all day every day over the discomfort of having bruised and broken ribs again.
  • 07-08-2018
    regiobike
    thanks Silent, remember me which kit do you use?. Honestly i do not care if people see me with "hey dude you are at enduro tradil now dh look" i prefer honestly be safe than sorry. Im 6ī and 230 pounds.
  • 07-08-2018
    silentG
    Leatt 4.5

The rest of my gear is Leatt but I looked at most of your list when doing research and they are all pretty similar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by regiobike View Post
    thanks Silent, remember me which kit do you use?. Honestly i do not care if people see me with "hey dude you are at enduro tradil now dh look" i prefer honestly be safe than sorry. Im 6ī and 230 pounds.

• 07-08-2018
    regiobike
    what do you use for elbow protection.
  • 07-09-2018
    silentG
    Leatt 3DF hybrid, replaced a POC joint that I used for a couple of seasons. The POC is good but I like the 3DF better.

I'm wearing a medium 3DF which is snug but not too tight @ 5'10" and 185 lb.

I usually wear a large in elbow and forearm pads.

POC was tight and the TLD 5550 before that were XL and I could barely get them on.

Quote:

what do you use for elbow protection.

• 07-10-2018
    RocketMagnet
    This looks interesting @3:50 incoming from POC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aYSUqLt4Gs&t=333s

Looks nice and light....
  • 07-10-2018
    Organ
    Quote:

Hi there everyone, right now im starting to ride DH and a few Enduro trails, at 41 years old lol need to protect more myself. I know accidents are not something we know in advance so trying to be ready when it happen.

Right now i have leatt knee and elbow protection, bell full face helpmet and im looking in chest option. At least right now i have been reading:

- Leatt 4.5 chest protector
    - Thor Sentinel
    - Thor Guardian mx
    - Demon Vest V2
    - Fox Proframe LC
    - Leatt 3DF Airfit

Any advice is welcome.

I have the leatt 3df, a Dainese, and now a Troy lee jacket. The 3df is a bit heavy, very hot, but good protection on the covered parts. I broke 2 ribs with it last year so I got the Troy lee 7850. It has light pads that cover more area. Itís also very light weight and not too warm.

Consider a neck brace. A broken rib is nothing compared to a neck injury. Not sure why more people donít wear them..