Chest armor for my chesty wife.- Mtbr.com
    Xtremely Moderate

Chest armor for my chesty wife.

My wife got a taste of Whistler last week and now the stoke is on.
    So to keep her properly protected I want to get her some chest armor for the next trip.

Any suggestions on a brand/model of armor?
    I know what armor I like, but then I don't have boobies, so that's why I'm in here asking for advice.

Thanks.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    None of it is made for girls with boobs. You just pick what you can find that's a reasonably comfortable fit otherwise and squash em. I've heard rumors of possible women's specific upper body armor in the future, but there's nothing out there yet... I really hope someone makes something soon though.

It's kind of annoying, honestly. Dainese makes what, 5 or 6 models of body armor jackets? Why can't one of them be for women?

mtbr member since 1997
    I'm rather chesty and I squished 'em into a Dainese Gladiator Jacket. It's the only model that fit me at the time and it's rather comfortable, but does not have hard plastic in the front, but softer padding (the reason why it actually fit).

When I was in Australia in early 2003 we rented DH bikes and equipment and I fit into a men's XXL hard plastic model. I think it was a Fox brand but I can't be sure. I looked like a football player but I did appreciate the harder plastic on the front.

My advice: just take her shopping. She'll have to try a few on and find something that will fit, protect and be comfortable (however she'll probably only get 2 of the 3 if she's really big chested).

Mary Ann
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the mastery of it (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by connie
    None of it is made for girls with boobs. You just pick what you can find that's a reasonably comfortable fit otherwise and squash em.......
    Yeah, I kind of figured that.
    I was just trying to get an idea of what brands some of you gals were "squishing" into so we had some sort of starting point.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Feb 2004
    lmao...the one time in life I'm happy that my boobs actually fit with my body frame...

I have no problem fitting comfortably into my pressure suit...

glad to hear the wifey loved Whistler EIO...and the positives keep coming from moving from flat land to the mountainbiking mecca area...

I'm having a hard time choosing whether to take an actual vacation by the beach and surf, or go up to Whistler and feel giddyness on their trails and get worked...

May 2006

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    lmao...the one time in life I'm happy that my boobs actually fit with my body frame...

I have no problem fitting comfortably into my pressure suit...

glad to hear the wifey loved Whistler EIO...and the positives keep coming from moving from flat land to the mountainbiking mecca area...

I'm having a hard time choosing whether to take an actual vacation by the beach and surf, or go up to Whistler and feel giddyness on their trails and get worked...
    Beach schmeach...........hit the mountain and go get worked.

Let us know when you're going so maybe I can finally meet you and my favorite NorCal redneck.....err..... I mean your husband.

Feb 2005

Dainese...

I think most of the girls that race in the UK use Dainese.
    I'm a B-cup and I can get away with the Safety Jacket that has the hard plastic on the chest (with amusing "built in pecs" to keep the boys' egos happy! rofl!) although over the course of the day it does tend to wind up sliding upwards a bit. Not to the point of being uncomfortable.
    The err larger ladies tend to prefer the Gladiator which doesn't have the plastic on the chest, so it conforms a bit better.
    The 661 armour is quite bulky in comparison - I tried it but found it restrictive and sweaty, niiiice!
    The obvious trouble is that if your gf is very busty then she might have to go up a size and wind up with armour that is a little big across the shoulders.
    It really is a case of try before you buy I'm afraid.

YESBRO!!!

this thread is useless without pics...

no, really, really useless. = (

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz
    no, really, really useless. = (
    Here ya go troll........

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Beach schmeach...........hit the mountain and go get worked.

Let us know when you're going so maybe I can finally meet you and my favorite NorCal redneck.....err..... I mean your husband.
    would be glad to...but I thought you were the redneck...and he was white trash...
    meh...it's all relative...

maybe the two wifeys could take a few runs down together as well...

May 2006

Real moto gear

Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    My wife got a taste of Whistler last week and now the stoke is on.
    So to keep her properly protected I want to get her some chest armor for the next trip.

Any suggestions on a brand/model of armor?
    I know what armor I like, but then I don't have boobies, so that's why I'm in here asking for advice.

Thanks.

Fox/Answer/Etc all sell real moto gear designed for women. They have chest protectors (with shoulder/arm/elbow protection built in) that is designed for the feminine form. Chapperl cycle supply (motorcycle dealer online) should have it.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by LionBait
    Fox/Answer/Etc all sell real moto gear designed for women. They have chest protectors (with shoulder/arm/elbow protection built in) that is designed for the feminine form. Chapperl cycle supply (motorcycle dealer online) should have it.
    this was going to be my suggestion. go for the moto stuff. if you want me to give my bud a call and find out what his girl uses, just pm me. she's got great...I mean, she's pretty chesty too so maybe that would help ya.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Jun 2006

hehe

That's y I say that being a woman is very difficult..BOOBS create probs sumtimes

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Dainese - especially the hard shell version - doesn't work if you've got boobs. At least, it didn't for my GF, who's a 36C.

She's wearing a modified Beast Gear jacket, with a soft chest piece, and really likes it.

Pix of the mods here - http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=79882

S

Members who have read this thread: 0