Cheapest place for Fox Flux helmet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cheapest place for Fox Flux helmet?

I remember there was a post that REI had them for $39! By the time I took notice of it, the price disappeared. Was this a mistake or did REI actually have it for that price? The cheapest I see now is $69. I don't care for the new style. In fact, I sorta like the older camo color. Who has it cheap?

Infidel
    The small/medium camo keeps popping up on Chainlove.com. I bought one today for:

QTY ITEM NO. ITEM DESCRIPTION EACH TOTAL
    1 FXR0030-SNCM-SM Fox Racing Flux Bike Helmet
    Stone Camo, S/M $47.69 $47.69
    Subtotal: $47.69
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping: $8.65
    Total: $56.34

Infidel
    It's up there again right NOW.

mtbr member
    Thanks, KYM! Was there earlier and they had the Magura brake, but now I see the Flux! Wow! You have connections? Hehe.

But the stone camo is the last color I like! Wish they had the black camo, grrrrr! Can I live with stone camo? That's the question!

Bikehard
    Quote Originally Posted by djork
    I remember there was a post that REI had them for $39! By the time I took notice of it, the price disappeared. Was this a mistake or did REI actually have it for that price? The cheapest I see now is $69. I don't care for the new style. In fact, I sorta like the older camo color. Who has it cheap?
    Just bought the 08 Flux in Black Camo for $69 w/ free shipping from here

http://www.gearandtraining.com/gearntrain/

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Randall Scott has the 2008 for $69.

http://www.rscycle.com/Fox-Flux-Helm...LAID=142092556

Oct 2007

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    its not the 2009 though.... Check EMS store's I got mine for 25% off the retail price, just by asking...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    $47 on Chainlove right now.

mtbr member
    Anyone know what model year Price Point's Flux is?

I missed the Chaninlove one!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    doesn't look like 09 model 09 model is still 99.99.. Not for nothing, but the 09's look better, and give some protection in back I think...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dogo
    doesn't look like 09 model 09 model is still 99.99.. Not for nothing, but the 09's look better, and give some protection in back I think...
    The ones on sale at pricepoint are the 08 models. I dont think there are any differences in specs between the 08 and 09 models, besides color scheme. both years have protection for the back.

mtbr member
    Placed an order for a Fox Flux with Price Point boy was it FAST shipping! Just got it a day later. First thing I noticed about the helmet is that the air diffuser and the visor are gray and not black! I should have enlarged the pic on the PP's web page and saw that it wasn't black :| No big deal. To be honest with you, it's not as cool as the pics online suggest but still better than the other helmets out there. I compared the shape of my Flux with the 2009 Flux pics on other website's, and I can't really see any structural differences other than color and where the Fox head logo is placed. I don't know what year mine is, but it's no big deal. I thought for a minute after looking at my new helmet and looking at the 2009 if I should have gotten the matte black or the black camo. I guess I can live with not having black air diffuser and visor since my Flux looks just like the 2009 model :P

Apr 2009
    There is a difference between seeing it online and real due to your display color settings and the way the item was shot and the lighting used but between gray and black I don't see that as being too important.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://dongmag.info/?tracker=3698"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://dongmag.info/?tracker=3698" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Satiro; 04-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i purchased the 09 camo from REI with 20% coupon

i know was not best price but needed it asap as broke previous helmet

love the fit and extra protection

rrp
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    you can get 2009 spare parts i.e. visor and spoiler from FOX's website......shop.foxracing.com i think is the site.....

Members who have read this thread: 0