Cheap shorts

Printable View

• 01-06-2017
    agroman2001
    Cheap shorts
    Anyone know of a cheap pair of shorts that are comfortable to ride in, that have side zipper pockets? I don't want to pay the premium price for something that says fox or TLD and I have plenty of liners. I have these great Quicksilver hybrid shorts from Costco but I have lost weight and need a belt to wear them and can't stand riding with a belt.
  • 01-06-2017
    jcd46
    I never buy clothing at Kmart but I bought a pair of camping shorts super light for like 12.00 lol that was 3 yrs ago and still going strong, plenty of pockets.
  • 01-06-2017
    *OneSpeed*
    Nashbar or Performance bike

alternately, i use a shoelace as a belt on two pairs of shorts. a wide sneaker shoelace.
  • 01-08-2017
    Smithhammer
    Check out Sierra Trading Post. You can sometimes find great deals on Club Ride stuff on there - functional, low-key, don't look like clown shorts.
  • 01-09-2017
    agroman2001
    Quote:

Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    Nashbar or Performance bike

alternately, i use a shoelace as a belt on two pairs of shorts. a wide sneaker shoelace.

The shoelace worked great.
  • 01-09-2017
    Texas_MTB
    I'm on my second pair of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...9Q5&th=1&psc=1

I figure I got about a 1000 miles out of the first pair before the chamois pad got too worn to keep me comfortable.

Just make sure you read the size chart because they are in Asian Sizes...
  • 01-10-2017
    dirt diggler
    6pm dot com has the PI canyon shorts.. It includes detachable liner and for 30 bucks.. cant beat it.

Pearl Izumi Canyon Short Shadow Grey - 6pm.com

dirt diggler
  • 01-10-2017
    HawkGX
    Love the PI Canyon fit & feel, but mine only have a single front pocket. That's my only complaint about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-10-2017
    RS VR6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkGX View Post
    Love the PI Canyon fit & feel, but mine only have a single front pocket. That's my only complaint about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a pair of those too. The one pocket thing is kind of annoying too. Other thing is the liner is stitched in. I like the slimmer fit of the shorts and want to use them with some of my bib shorts to run my XC jerseys. I've thought about cutting the liner shorts out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_MTB View Post
    I'm on my second pair of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...9Q5&th=1&psc=1

I figure I got about a 1000 miles out of the first pair before the chamois pad got too worn to keep me comfortable.

Just make sure you read the size chart because they are in Asian Sizes...

I'm thinking about trying these out. 24.99 seems like a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Cyclin...HN9&th=1&psc=1
  • 01-30-2017
    BigTex91
    Go hit the sale rack at REI or other outdoor store. If you've got plenty of liners (I always wear bibs, even under baggies) almost any decent pair of hiking shorts will do.
  • 01-30-2017
    longfield13
    I don't have an LBS. I always go through Competive Cyclist.com. They always good sales. They are actually having a great sale right now. Just bought some new shorts last week.
  • 02-02-2017
    OlMarin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTex91 View Post
    Go hit the sale rack at REI or other outdoor store. If you've got plenty of liners (I always wear bibs, even under baggies) almost any decent pair of hiking shorts will do.

This times a bazillion. Now is the time to check everywhere, even Wally World. I've been doing this for quite awhile. But now, even my liners have gotten big.....
  • 02-10-2017
    Fleas
    Wrangler hiker shorts from Wal-Mart have proven to be cheap, comfortable, quick-drying, and durable (with zip pockets!). As with most of my brand new cycling clothes, I crashed the first time I wore these and landed right on my hip. Shorts were unscathed. Several earthy colors.

-F
  • 02-10-2017
    OlMarin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    Wrangler hiker shorts from Wal-Mart have proven to be cheap, comfortable, quick-drying, and durable (with zip pockets!). As with most of my brand new cycling clothes, I crashed the first time I wore these and landed right on my hip. Shorts were unscathed. Several earthy colors.

Hope your hip came out without severe damage
  • 02-10-2017
    OlMarin
    Something I've been doing since shorts started being at or below the knee is to get cheap pants, cut and hem. Those without a sewing machine could use hem tape. If I'm gonna cut shorts, might as well start with pants that are cheaper.
    But I'm a cheap [email protected][email protected]*d
  • 02-11-2017
    tuckerjt07
    I bought a pair of these and they are unbelievably amazing. The fabric is identical to top of the line $75-$100 shorts. They dry quickly have taken a couple of hard hits with no issues.

Ynport Men's Fast Dry Loose Fit MTB Shorts Mountain Bike Cycling Pants with Belt(No Padding) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G6EE220..._Zr0NybR81FSSE

I do wear padded liners so keep in mind these are no liner shorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  • 02-11-2017
    OlMarin
    Cheap shorts
    Jeannie doesn't wear no
    Cheap shorts.

Sorry couldn't resist:p